Monday, May 14, 2012

Letter #53: Angelic

Hello Hello!
Well it was wonderful seeing some of your beautiful faces yesterday. I hope you all had a Happy Mothers Day!!
We have been working with a man named D****. He has a lot of health problems and has 3 sons, his wife left him and divorced him, and he is the sweetest man ever. Although we haven't been able to sit down with him and teach him yet, he called to apologize about not making it to church yesterday (he's amazing!). He told us how the first time we met, he saw us walking by and just smiling and he said he reminded him of angels. I've always been slightly skeptical in a sense of people when they say they see light or an aura about people, but he could tell there was something about us and he really meant that. I really felt that he could feel of the Spirit that is with us and recognized us as representatives of Jesus Christ. What a blessing and powerful experience for me to hear that and realize that even if we're not aware, people see something different and can feel the power of our message before we even open our mouths. I feel this is not only true of missionaries, but of members of the Church. We have the Holy Ghost with us and we must let our light shine! "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matt 5:16. There really is a light that people can see and want for themselves, and we must let it shine and be that example of the believers. It was an incredible experience for me and really humbling to feel that the Lord is with us.
We had some crazy nights this week... just been super busy, rushing to appointments and meetings, losing keys and being locked out at night, we got a new van (yea soccer mom!), but I know the Lord's looking out for us. I love that when funny crazy things happen, Sister Price and I can just laugh about it! I think a good sense of humor is important to have in life. haha it gets you through stressful situations. I rode a bike for a day for the first time ever! It was very fun and somewhat ridiculous haha. I ripped my skirt which was sad, but it made me feel like such a legit, stereotypical missionary that it was somewhat exhilarating! I think every missionary has to ride a bike at one point... it's just what missionaries do I guess, so I attached a picture because it was fun!
Here's a picture of me RIDING A BIKE!!
One of the most incredible people I got to meet this week was Sister S*******. She is really old and essentially just waiting to die, but at such peace with it. Just patiently waiting and doesn't quite understand why the Lord hasn't taken her yet. She says that but not in a light or joking way at all. She just so genuine and everything about that lady was angelic. I know that just by seeing her I was blessed and that's why the Lord hasn't taken her because she's still a blessing to people here on earth. I just find that when we have lived righteous, full lives, we can look forward to meeting our Maker. It's not something we anticipate with anxiety or are concerned with at all, because we've learned to really know him personally. That's what I felt from Sister S*******. She was just waiting to go back to her Father who she was close to already. So Simple but so beautiful.
Obviously the highlight of the week was Sister D***** G****'s Baptism and Confirmation!!! AHHHH!!! It was amazing and just so excited to actually be there. I attended for the first time one of my investigators baptisms. Just seeing her there in white, and feel so happy, clean, and filled with the spirit was such a blessing to me. I know I already told you about this while skyping yesterday, but I love D*****! She's just an angel and honestly one of the most golden, prepared people I've ever met in my life!! I'm so happy that now she's a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and has the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. I've seen her grow in faith and desire to following Jesus Christ and it's inspired me and strengthened me too. I know that these ordinances are performed by the priesthood power of God, as restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know that Heavenly Father knows and loves all of his children and he's so happy when we choose to follow His Son, Jesus Christ. What a joyful, simple, and beautiful Baptism and Confirmation. I'm so proud of D***** and I know Heavenly Father loves her even more!


Here's Pictures at the Baptism, with B**** and D***** Grant, Sister Price and myself. (I think I've already told you all about B****... and D***** of course!)
Love you so much!! Thanks for all you do. For your endless love and support! You're all amazing and continue to let your lights just shine!!
Love,
Sister Mullen

Here's a picture of some of the Mardi Gras Beads that we collected to donated to a special needs school with the BYU Folk Dancers. I LOVE NEW ORLEANS!!!

Sister Price and I at Raising Canes (a classic DEEP fried chicken place you must eat at down in New Orleans... yum!) <-- the first thing I ate when I arrived in Baton Rouge.

Elder Yee (prior Zone Leader and friendly friend of Brooklyn Marie's) with Elder Johnson (District leader from Barnwell, Alberta!) at Raising Canes

No comments:

Post a Comment