Saturday, March 3, 2012

Letter #43: So Much of His Word

Hello Family!!
This week has been great! Forgive the late email- we just finished up a zone activity! Sister Hoyos and I planned a scavenger hunt for the sisters that ultimately lead them to a pizza party where we watched a video that we had made of all the sisters funny Temple Square moments. It was a lot of fun!! We have an incredible hard working zone!! I'll attach a picture of our zone from the activity. Oops! I forgot my cord... so maybe next week!
Well it's certainly been a crazy week, but also a week of miracles. On Sunday we held a meeting with our zone to really refocus on the importance of Baptism (2 Nephi 31:21) and I think it's really helped us, including me. We had one man M***** get baptized this week and he'll be confirmed tomorrow. We've just found so many people (many over phones and chat) that are just so prepared. It's so sad when you know they need the gospel and their heart is closed to it or they're stuck in their ways, but this week we've just found AMAZING people!! It's been such a blessing- We've had our challenges for sure, but Heavenly Father always makes up the difference. The hardest thing is seeing Sisters leave- We lost several this week, but for good reasons. They're finishing up their missions in other places, either Outbound, or transferred closer to home because of health, or their finally able to go to the initial mission to which they were called (delayed and kept here until they're cleared)  so our zone kept switching up companionships this week and we've had to do some readjusting but it's been good.
Something I've learned this week (again) is the importance of the Book of Mormon. No matter your question, your concern,  your challenges, there are answers in the Book of Mormon. I think it's amazing that we have SO much scripture, the Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price, as well as all the modern day revelation and conference and such. We are SO blessed. You know, so many people think God is a big mystery, but if you think about how much of His word he's given us, it's incredible! We don't have to imagine Him, we can literally read His words every day! And not just that, we can pray and talk to him. We're so insignificant, yet the All-Supreme Being allows us to converse with him as our Father. Imagine. and not only this but he answers! He talks to us! He gives us revelation and teaches us through so many different ways. I know he inspired these men, prophets, to record these writing for us in our day! Moroni's promise is real. ANY ONE who asks with a sincere heart if the Book of Mormon is true will receive a witness that it is of God. Even if we have done this before, if we put his words to the test we will have that reaffirmed in our hearts and minds, have peace and a greater desire to come closer to God. He will always strengthen our testimony of the Book of Mormon and the Restoration of the Gopsel of Jesus Christ so long as our hearts are open and we have faith in Christ. 
I love Heavenly Father so much. His little tender mercies are my favorite thing to recognize- for instance it's your last chance trying to call some one... "dang... no answer..." so you leave a final voicemail... Disappointed you move on and just as you're about to pack up and move to you're next assignment the phone rings! They actually called back!!! Things like that happen all the time. It's always the last call, or last chat, or running into some one cause you took a detour that you know just needed some uplifting. These are the little miracles you see every day.  That's the joy on missionary work and why I know Heavenly Father is in the details. He knows all of His children and is in perfect control, even if things seem out of control. We can know it'll work out as it should because He loves us and wants what's best for us. So as long as we're trying our best to follow Him, we have no need to worry! That brings me a lot of comfort.
Well, I love you all a lot! Thanks for your love and support. You're all incredible to me! I'm so glad I can tell people that I know the gospel brings joy because I've seen it in my own family. You're the best!!!
Love, Love, Love
Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment