Saturday, March 10, 2012

Letter #44: Sring has Sprung

Hello Wonderful Family!!
It's been an incredible week! Another week of miracles, and I cannot believe it's the last week of the transfer already!!! Each transfer just goes faster and faster!! It's actually terrifying how fast the time has gone! I have LOVED serving with my companera! Sister Hoyos is hilarious and is such an incredible missionary! We've had so much fun together and she's supported me SO much!! We had an amazing Spanish tour last night with the Salt Lake City South Elders. The investigators M****** and A***** are getting baptized on the 17th and are just amazing!! They believe Joseph Smith was a prophet of God but are trying to gain the testimony that Thomas S Monson is our prophet today. We took them to the Tabernacle and then to the Conference Center and on the way back (to show them God's Plan and the Christus) M****** was just telling me how she feels her heart pounding here and every time she prays, but now it's just exploding. It was amazing! Hopefully we'll even be able to attend their baptism! That would be really exciting since I've never been able to actually attend any of my investigators baptisms before. I'm so excited!! Theirs as well as a girl named F******! She's getting baptized soon and we may get to go to hers too since it's very close! Yay!! It's so wonderful to see so many progressing and experiencing the joy of the gospel. F****** actually has a Pagan background (which I don't know too much about) but I just see how hurt she's been and how deaths in her family has been hard for her. She just needs that healing power of the atonement so much in her life and the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. I know it's already helped her! The gospel is so amazing how it helps in any problem or trial we might have.
We took a man A**** and his wife and daughter through God's Plan today. We've been teaching him over the phone all transfer and he's getting baptized soon and he randomly was on the Sqaure today so we actually got to meet him! That was so fun to put a face to the name and voice and meet his cute family. When I take a step back and think about it, it's really quite funny to have never met someone but to know them so well. Our mission is so unique, but I love it!!
Other little miracles/great stories of this week. We taught this man R***** and he's amazing! I was able to briefly share my testimony at the end and I just felt the spirit so strongly guide my words and even though I had never spoken to this man, I just felt so much love for him. As he thanked me he just cried and I felt so strongly what he was trying to say, despite the language barrier. Sister Hoyos translated for me and told me he said he "didn't need to know English to feel it." That was amazing. The spirit speaks all languages and knows our needs. It's powerful when you're able to be a small tool to help some one feel of that Spirit.
We also taught a man named J*** to pray. Sister Hoyos encouraged him to pray and thank God for just three things to keep the prayer short. So he went ahead and prayed "...We thank thee for three things...." haha! It was SO cute and very hilarious. Oh how I love J***!!
Well I better go, but I love you all so much! Thanks for being my pillar of strength back home! I think I have more love, prayers and support than any missionary in the world! Thanks for all you do!!! The gospel is amazing, it's perfect and divine because this literally is His Church! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!
Love,
Sister Mullen
ps- I saw Uncle Gary and Aunty Ann, Brad, Caylee, and Christina! That was a fun surprise! It was very short and I told them to go see God's Plan so I hope they enjoyed that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment