Welcome into the world little baby boy! You've been in my prayers forever and I cannot wait to meet you and hold you!
Thanks Hayley and Dustin for the picture. I cannot wait to see more
of him! Alanna you look absolutely stunning!! WOW! I love it. I hope
you recover quickly and feel better soon, but don't rush it! Make sure
you take advantage of the help and get better. I love you so much and
you'll continue to be in my prayers. You and Tanner. Thank you for
bringing this new baby boy into our family Alanna and Dustin!! What a
blessing! It truly is just a miracle.
Well I hope you all are travelling safe and enjoying time together
or apart. You're in my thoughts and prayers as usual! Since Mom called
me out on not giving much updates on me, I'll do my best to
recall....It's been a great week for me! I'm happy and healthy and
having so many neat experiences and am growing a lot. I'm also having a
lot of fun! Let me try to remember some specifics about this week....
Saturday we had a zone activity "birthday party" for all the January
birthdays in our zone. We ate pizza and yummy treats while we watched
Tangled! ha ha It was funny to watch a movie like that as a missionary,
but we had a lot of fun! Sister Ducoeur from England and France also
gave me extensions... ha ha! She just had some old ones handy and thinks
I should have long hair, so I wore them all week! It was kinda fun to
have 5times as much hair as normal but I felt vain so today I'm just my
normal little-haired self again. It's great! I'll have to include
pictures.
Sunday I got to call one of my former investigators, D*****. I
don't know if you remember her but her grandson was my District Leader
in the MTC and he gave me her as a referral. She got baptized in August
and it was just so good to hear how she's doing. I love her so much!
Although she's had a challenging few months she said how the gospels
really helped her and just thanked me so much for helping her have this
in her life. It was just incredible to see the blessings of the gospel
really helping people in their lives. Her other grandson also wrote me
saying similar things. It was just such a blessing to see that the small
and simple things that we can do can really have a lasting impact on
the lives of those around us. Alma 37:6
Monday, Tuesday were super busy in the office preparing for
transfers! I cannot believe it's already that time again! The time flies!
I'm pretty positive I'm out of the Office -which is sad, because I have
loved it and learned so much, but I have been in here for officially
half of my mission so far and I'm excited to move on and focus on the
work even more so!! I also think that Sister Lane will stay in the office
and train the next OA, and I've LOVED being with her so I will be sad
to not be companions any more, but I know the Lord always brings us on
to bigger and better things so we can learn the things that He'd have us
learn! And we will definitely still be friends! To be honest, I don't
know for sure obviously, but I have a ssuspicion that
I am training!! A scary thought, but exciting at the same time. I guess
we'll find out on monday! Transfers are on Feb 1, so I'll keep you
posted!!
Wednesday was a great day because Alanna had a baby!!! YIPPEEE!! (Although I didn't know that, but it still was a great day!)
Thursday I went on exchanges with sisters in the District which is
always super good! I learn SO much from them. We ran into Kent
Stringham's Sister!! Last name Bennett. She was super nice and works at
the MTC! Tell the Stringhams hi! They're such a neat family. I love
them!!
Friday was another busy office day, but we had an interesting chat
with a man named C***. Essentially I realized that the world has no
morals, and it's truly the last days and I literally am called to
declare repentance! This can be scary to do, but it's very much needed!
I'm so grateful to have been raised in the gospel, to know right and
wrong and that obeying the commandments brings happiness. Mosiah 2:41.
We are SO blessed and happy because of these high standards and I am
just so grateful for the protection and joy they bring!
Well, in short... I'm happy and well and the work is going forward!
No matter where you serve or what assignments occupy your time I know
the Lord places us where we are needed and our influence can extend far
beyond what we realize. You are all wonderful!! Thank you for your love
and support! You always do what you know you should and as we continue
to seek the Lord's will, he will bless us and all those around us!
What an exciting week for our family! Congratulations again, Moodys!!
Love, Love, Love!
Sister Mullen
Here are some pictures! Please keep sending me yours :)
Here's a picture of our New Mission President. President Gillette and Sister Gillette
Here's a picture of Sister Lane and I with Sister Gillette
(you can see my hair has grown a lot ;) hehe
Wish I had more that are actually good.... Love you all tons and tons!!!
Sister Mullen
PS- How are you all doing on my Book of Mormon challenge to you to
mark every reference to Diety?! Is any one doing it? Keep me posted!
I'll treat anyone who finishes by April 6 to.... something yummy when I
get home!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment