Hello Every One,
I love you SO much! What a week it has been. It was wonderful to
hear your voices and send my love to you and I'm so glad that many of
you have been able to travel to be together at this time. I definitely
have been able to reflect a little bit and, as you requested Mom, here
are some of my memories and thoughts about Grandpa.
I love Grampa SO much!! The example of Christ-like love he
demonstrated has played such a major role in my life. Some of my
favorite memories from when I was little is having Grampa play Hymns at
the piano, acting out the role of the donkey during the Christmas Eve
Nativity with socks on his ears, hearing his silly jokes, his stories
from South Africa and the War. I love how he'd always say "Hello My
Girl!" and then ask "how are you?" I said "good." and he's always reply,
"OH! I wish I was good...." haha. (you know how he'd say that? It was
always so funny.) He'd more grammatically say he was doing "well." Not
"good." But he was good- VERY good! Grampa was such a good man, we all
love him so much because he was always filled with love and service to
all of us. and above all, he was a true disciple of Christ.
I remember going to visit Grampa before I went to the Temple for my
first time in preparation for my upcoming mission. It was always a
little sad to see him ill and you could tell you knew you and loved you,
but he just couldn't quite remember the details of who you were. But I
was talking to him about how I was about to go through the Temple for my
first time and was going to serve a mission. Grampa just lit-up! He
KNEW the Temple. He LOVED the Temple. It was amazing to me to see how
although he had forgotten many things, he knew that and remembered that.
He was so close to His Father in Heaven and I just felt so blessed to
have a worthy priesthood holder as a Grandfather- full of faith and
commitment to living the gospel of Jesus Christ. That means more to me
than anything and I know that He is once again with Heavenly Father and
our Savior Jesus Christ, who he loved and emulated so much while here on
this earth. He indeed has been "taken home to that God who gave (him)
life." -Alma 40:11. I know that without a doubt.
Although challenging, it's been very special to have such an event
occur while I'm aware serving a full-time mission, teaching the gospel
of Jesus Christ and God's plan for all of us to people all around the
world. The Lord has been so merciful to me and has prepared me for this
news as I went to Oquirrh Mountain Temple
on Tuesday right before I found out about Grampa's condition. The Lord
is so mindful of us, and I know he gave me that additional reminder of
the blessings of the Temple, that we will be together as a family again.
We have been sealed together as a family and have great reason to
rejoice! There truly is no sorrow in death for faithful Saints, only
that we will simply miss them until we see them again. I know we will
see him again. We'll miss him for a little while, but we'll be together
eternally as a family. I know he is happy, peaceful and finally at rest
from those physical trials he suffered. We will have so much joy
together as a family when we are all once again united. I like to think
that now Grampa is helping me in this missionary work on the other side.
What a great teaching companion for me to have! I love Grampa so much
and I'm so grateful for his example. and I'm eternally grateful to have a
loving Heavenly Father who gave us this life and a Savior so we have a
way to return and live with Him again. I know His plan for us is real
and I know Jesus Christ is central to this plan.
I love you all so much! You're in my thoughts and prayers always.
Send my love to all in the family (who may not receive this email
directly). I know Grampa is proud of the righteous posterity he was able
to raise- Stay strong and full of faith.
All my Love
Sister (Kimberly) Mullen
2nd to last Grandaughter of Grampa H. Melvin Jubber- one of my personal heroes of all time.
PS- This week was transfers and I have a new companion,
assignment, and apt. I'm with Sister Hoyos from Sanora Mexico (we were
in the MTC together). We're Zone Leaders for the Extended Zone (which
oversees Humanitarian Center and Welfare Square), so we've been very
busy doing various scheduling and trainings. It's been wonderful! And I
moved next door and live with the Assistants- Sister Bryers and.....
Sister Matautia!!! (Since Sister Rodriguez finished her mission, we have
a new Assistant and who better than my very own MTC companion!! She'll
be incredible!) She says hello by the way and that she loves you! It's
fun to live with her again. I'm happy and doing very well. I'm working
hard and loving every moment. I'm just SO blessed to be here on a
mission. Thank you for supporting me in the million ways that you do.
No comments:
Post a Comment