Saturday, November 5, 2011

Letter #27: SNNNOOOOW!


Hello my beautiful family!!
Well, today it is snowing... BIG flakes... I'm SO happy because I love snow. There's something magical about it. This is the 2nd time for sister Au-Yeung to see snow (she saw it once in he MTC but it didn't last very long) and so we're hoping to play in it for a while during our pday! Build her first snowman :) It'll be great. Temple Square just looks sooooo beautiful covered all in white.
Anyways, this week our mission got SPOILED. On Monday (HALLOWEEN) security closes down the square at 5, so we all got to go down, eat pizza, cupcakes, candy, and watch 2 movies!!! Despicable Me and the Best Two Years. I loved both and it was so fun to watch these movies with my temple square sisters. haha. Movies are kinda funny to watch as a missionary, cause it's kind of a foreign thing now! But it was fun and we all had a great time- we're so spoiled!
The next day, we got to go to Bountiful Temple!! What a treat for us! It was absolutely beautiful (and kinda fun for us to see because that's the temple in the Gods Plan for his family video that we show people nearly every day! This is the #1 movie I watch now haha). After the session (as if that alone wasn't a treat enough), we got to go into a small chapel with the Temple President and Temple Matron. He talked to us about many things pertaining the the Temple and it was just absolutely incredible! I learned a lot, but mostly I enjoyed the spirit testifying to me that these blessings that we receive in the temple are powerful and real. They are not make-believe or a nice thought, but through these covenants and promises we truly will be blessed and we can be with our families forever as we keep those covenants. What an incredible gift our loving Heavenly Father has provided us with. It's all because Jesus Christ's church is once again on the earth, and the priesthood power to seal and endow us with these blessings. Not only for ourselves, but to provide these blessings to others as well. I never really got into family history before my mission, but after Elder Bednars conference talk (if you didn't hear it look it up) and this, I really am hoping to do a lot more after my mission. The temple is beautiful and I'm so thankful to be able to go inside to learn and feel closer to my Father in Heaven. As you're now preparing to enter the temple for your first time Brittany, I'm so excited for you. You're in my thoughts and prayers and I pray that you will really read, ponder and pray and look forward to that special day as you prepare yourself to receive such blessings. And of course for you too Brooklyn when someday that day comes around for you.  ( just don't make it any time too soon ;) haha keep those boys away!- maybe that's asking for the impossible though haha)
We are so lucky as a mission to have such fun things to do and to serve on sacred hallowed ground every day. We've been super busy in the office as transfers are coming up again this Wednesday (These past 6 weeks have just flown by so fast!). We're also starting to really prepare for the switch of mission presidents.... Pres Holmes has served twice the normal time and he is finishing mid-Jan and we'll be welcoming a new mission president. It'll be kinda sad because I love Pres and Sis Holmes so much and it'll be 1/2 way through my mission, but I know that the new mission president and his wife will be just as inspired and I will love them just as much! :) But anyways, with transfers I'll let you know if I have any changes (companions, assignment, zones, pday).... always an exciting anticipation. and sad as some of your good friends go home... BUT new sisters always come in! So it's an ongoing thing and it's all good :)
Well..... Thanks for all your love and support!!! You're in my thoughts and prayers always always always!!
Love
Sister Mullen
PS- Brittany! So many sisters told me that they talked to you and said how beautiful you were! (Obviously... every one knows that!) but yea... they all adored you. I OF COURSE want to attend the wedding if I get permission... It'll be a new Mission president by then so I'll have to wait till he's around to ask and approach him about it, but we will see. I'm sure I won't go to the reception, but the sealing is the most important part and the part that I would love to be at. Anyways... I'll keep you posted, but don't worry! Of course it's crossed my mind :) Love you so so much! Also I saw your old roomie Whitney, but I was in the middle of a Japanese tour so I wasn't able to really talk or anything... I felt bad so tell her hello for me and it was lovely to see her!! (and her friend, but his name has escaped me! but I definitely have met him before)
PPS- I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS!!! The Christmas lights are going to be AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment