Saturday, October 29, 2011

Letter #26: All of Asia on Temple Square

Well, I reached my 6 month mark on thursday this week (which was weird... cause I still feel like a greenie trainee) BUT! Point is, it was an absolute miracle day! Essentially what happened is that all of Asia decided to come to the square at the same time!! Japanese, Chinese and Korean guests GALLORE  came cause they're all in town for this big international Nuskin conference (whose president btw is Mormon and is going to be a mission president!) Anyways, Thursdays are usually our biggest day in the office cause we have all the weekly number and reports to do and we have to arrange several tours for interenational MTC Elders and whatnot, but yea... with this "Asian Invasion" (and since Sister Au Yueng speaks Japanese, Mandarin and Cantonese.... pretty much all major Asian languages except Korean- which she can only understand that one but not speak... I know! She's SO insanely talented) moral of the story... we were super busy! We were running around the square all day and didn't accomplish any of our office work until way late at night! It was insane but SOOOO rewarding. Turns out we have hundreds of Asians refer in this ONE day!!! In 6-7 hours we shared the gospel to over a hundred people, and mission-wide we taught probably over a thousand. We took motor coach after motor coach and tour after tour. It seriously felt like all of Asia was kicked out of their countries and all came to temple square! There were masses of Asians everywhere! I can't even really describe it to you... It felt almost like general conference for non-member Asians but just not planned and a total surprise to all the missionaries here (hehe). It was crazy hectic and tiring, but I just felt so blessed to have Sister Au Yeung who could share with them about the Temple, the Restoration and invite them to learn more as they return back home. She did AMAZING!!! Seriously... we were so blessed to see so many miracles and so many prepared hearts that day. We had over 60 people refer to meet with the missionaries in a single day.... that's unheard of.... We essentially met our transfer goal in a day! hahaha it was madness but amazing!!! And what I concluded at the end of the day was that I need to learn Mandarin when I go home because when China opens I want to be able to speak the language and go teach every one who will listen there. There are sooo many prepared people there, and so I just know when China opens the work will explode! I think they'll call every single person who can speak the language to go on a mission there and teach. Male, female, young, old, married, single, it doesn't matter.... EVERY one who can speak Chinese will be sent on missions there- that's just what I think though. But seriously... it'll be amazing!! I'm so excited for that to happen. I've only had Chinese companions my entire mission so far and it's just great. I kinda joke that maybe I was to be sent to China but since it's not open yet, Temple Square is essentially the closest thing to it so I was sent here! haha But no... seriously. I LOVE my mission so much. It's such a privilege to serve here with so many amazing sister missionaries and to serve every day on sacred ground.... what other mission gets to do that? It's just amazing. I feel so blessed!
Well fam-fam, you're in my thoughts and prayers! I love you so so much! Thanks for being so loving and supportive and for your prayers. Sorry if this email makes no sense... I think I run on BIG time when I get excited.... haha!

Love love Love
Sister Mullen
View From My Apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment