Saturday, November 12, 2011

Letter #28: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Hello Hello!!!
I AM SO SPOILED!!! I got so many letters from so many of you today!! I really appreciate each one of you who wrote. Your letters are so encouraging and every word is gold, so thanks a ton! I'm excited to sit down and read them all today (I wish I could read them all now and reply but I do not have time... but I skimmed! I'm so happy to know all is well)
1st, I HAVE A NEW COMPANION!!! and as mom and Ashley know, it's SISTER LANE!!! She's amazing. and that's so so fun that you know her family from Edmonton! I cannot believe I'm with a Canadian again! What are the odds?! I guess it's Edmonton or Hong Kong for me... but this is my first non-Asian so we're branching out! haha. I love her so much already. Her testimony of the gospel and of the Savior are so strong and powerful and I know I will learn so much from her. She's in her 3rd transfer and I just am going into my 5th (which is weird... I feel like I'm still in my 1st haha) so it's been interesting now being supposedly the "more experienced" and the Sr. companion. I get to teach her about the office and all the goings-on here. I enjoy it! I felt like I still had lots to learn about the office, but Sister Au-Yeung taught me really well and so I'm prepared and I cannot believe how much I've learned, especially when it comes to excel and formulating stats and stuff. I'm basically a Brittany now!! haha jk... Not even close, but I know how to do more than essays and facebook now! haha Yay for using computers!! So Sister Lane and I are enjoying the office and now that transfers are over we're having more time doing other things, so we're having a great time in the Beehive House, the Square, and teaching and calling over the phone. We got cell phones today (a big mission step!) and they'll be replacing the ghetto pagers we use now (which we love to pieces haha).
Yesterday, 11/11/11 at 11am, Sister Lane and I (both being Canadian) held our own little Remembrance day assembly. We read in Flanders Field and had a minute of silence. I'm always so grateful for our freedoms and how it's enabled us to have our faith and our joyous family together. I always think of dear Grandpa especially on this special day as he's my personal Veteran Hero. I love you so much Grandpa. Thank you for all you have sacrificed and taught me.  Gran and Grandpa, you've raised such a great family that I'm so blessed to be a part of. What a Legacy! I'm always so proud to share my heritage from both the Mullen and Jubber side, and how they came to find the gospel, what they sacrificed, how they immigrated to Canada and raised a righteous family in the faith. So thank you so much!! Thank you Gran, Grandpa, Aunty Beryl, Nana, Grandpa Dan, and Mom and Dad. You have all played a huge part in shaping me to who I am and what I hope to become. I love you and I'm grateful to have such righteous influences in my life. What a blessing it has been to enjoy this freedom, faith and love.
Well all is well in the work. To answer some of the many questions for you Momushka! Transfer conference (when we find out what's happening) is Monday morning... Sister Lane had PDay that day too so she wrote home and announced it while I had to wait till Saturday, but the change doesn't actually happen til Wednesday. Lights go up after Thanksgiving... I'M SO EXCITED!!!! More and more and more AND MORE Christmas decorations keep popping up around the square and it makes me giddy. I'm sure you all know how much I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE Christmas... (not that much...) HAHAHA JUST KIDDING!!! I ADORE everything Christmas related, I'm like a 2 year old!! I love it so much because it really is Christ's holiday. The spirit is felt everywhere, whether people identify that it's the Spirit of God or not. Every one is more Christ-like. We give, we serve, we want to be with loved ones and spend more time with family. There's just "something special" about the whole season... and that is truly because it's the spirit of Christ. I think it's the most wonderful time of the year, and although it will be different for me without my family (which what makes Christmas so special for me), I'm happy and still very excited because if there is anywhere else in the world that I'd want to be during Christmas, it's Temple Square. The spirit, the people, the Christmas lights and decorations really just will be incredible. Some of the Sisters are in a choir that gets to perform, and I may or may not do a solo/duet in that... we'll see! I'm hoping I'll just be able to do the choir cause my voice really isn't too special, but if that's the only way I get to be involved I'll take it! haha I told them they're crazy for wanting me to do that, so we'll see! But either way... Even though the lights haven't started or anything yet... I'm just super excited for everything just from seeing the preparations :) It'll be MAGICAL!!! :D (we have a little Christmas tree in our apartment already.... Sister Hirt (my roommate from Alaska) got it in a package... so I think I'll sing carols by it nightly :) haha
Anyways... that was a ramble and a half! Continuing on with your questions ( if I can remember some...) yes. Sister Chau was sent outbound to MD for one transfer (which has never happened before... it's usually 2 or 3 transfers!) If I go outbound (cause not every one does...) you find out two days before at transfer conference (Monday) and leave transfer day (Wednesday)! It's usually in the later transfers of your mission, so I dunno. I still have a while so we'll see! I'll keep you posted... haha I honestly don't care if I go or stay. "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord." Really.... I'm happy either way. I'm sure it'd be an awesome experience, but at the same time I know I'd miss Temple Square and all my sisters and investigators here... so really either way I'm happy! We'll see what happens.
Well I'm going to sign off and hopefully attach a whack of pictures. Love you all so so much. Keep up the missionary work, and especially in this Christmas season look for opportunities to share that light of Christ, serve, and share the gospel. It really is the greatest blessing you can give to any one!! Love you all so so much!
Love
Sister Mullen
Just a few pictures....
1) Sister AU-Yeung and I at the CHRISTMAS TREE in the Beehive House... I was SO excited when we walked in and saw it!

2) A member on the square randomly gave me these mittens... He was AWESOME!!! This is in the office by the way... I was EXTREMELY excited about these mittens... Wearing your country flag all day every day makes you love Canada even that much more :D He was very very nice, and it made my day!

3) President Holmes, Sister Holmes, and some random sister missionary.... :) I love them so so much!

4) This was my zone last transfer at the Bountiful Temple





No comments:

Post a Comment