Saturday, October 15, 2011

Letter #24: Congrats Future Mrs Christensen

Holy SMOKES!!!
I am SOOOOO blessed. I have more emails than EVER this week and each one is soooo long and I don't have time to even read them so I can reply!! AHHH So I skimmed....
1st-Hayley from last week. I loved your disordered eater thing! haha Too true! But my companions agree SO strongly. But the thing is I don't just eat the same thing over and over cause I have less taste buds or something... To be honest, I think it's just cause I'm Lazy! haha. I pick the yummiest/easiest thing to make and I eat it over and over again cause I can't be bothered with something else! :) My companions think it's ridiculous... it kind of is!! But yea... I wish I could claim a disorder, but I think the best title is laziness. Why make an extravagant dinner when I'm just as happy with mini-wheats that take 0.5 min preparation :)
Dustin- Thanks for the email! I'll for sure read it and look forward to what potential ridiculousness awaits... PLEASE tell Jarom that I LOVED his letter. "read if you dare!" I DARED!! I loved reading it and I made all the sisters on Temple Square fall in love with him! I will hang the picture in my little office :) and I will reply soon!!
Aunty Beryl- Thanks so much for your email! It's so good to hear from you! I cannot wait to sit down and take my time to read through it, but as I skimmed it sounds like all is well! I actually had some sister missionaries tell me that they saw my twin cousins!! (I assume Tammy and Mandy!) The sisters said they were gorgeous, petite and had a million kids.... YUP!!! Sounds like the Jubbers were in town!!! haha I would've loved to see them since they were here, but I was in the office and only found out after. But tell them I got the message and love them! I love YOU soooo much!! Tell the whole gang hello for me!
Britt and Mom..... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!
Ok.... so the title big news.... I figured- yup! YAY DISNEYLAND!!!.... and also Allison Brown had written me this week and told me Miss Meliss was engaged.... so I then figured that was the big news (which it is!!! VERY big news!! Tell her Congratulations, I love her tons, and I TOTALLY called it. They will be a fabulous couple, but I'll write her and Allison back soon) OK but wow wow WOW......  I did not see THAT one coming!!
CONGRATULATIONS BRITTANY!!!
You're so beautiful and amazing and Jason is one VERY lucky fellow. I just cannot even believe it!!!! I figured something must be on since I saw you two together last month, but I had no idea!!! AHHH Ok... WOW!!! When I was skimming I just saw "Britt's engaged" and I YELLED- yes literally screamed- here in the office and disturbed all the sisters around me.... kinda embarrassing!!! I started getting emotional, so I haven't really got to read anything from the email cause it was hard to... (weird reaction... my eyes started leaking or something ;) ) haha but yea! WOW ok... I'm going back to skim a little more... ok..... December....? spring...? Salt Lake Temple... ok ok... wow funny conversation with Dad. I have to read this in detail later. This is so wonderful!! BUT IN SHORT...
Congrats Future Mrs Christensen!!! I love you SOOOOO Much!!! You will definitely be in my prayers and I'm so excited for you to have those wonderful promised blessings of the temple. Keep close to the Lord, more than ever before. I know he loves us so much and he loves you so incredibly much!!
Sorry I feel that this letter is so incoherent. I have no idea how to express or react but I am very excited for you. I'm so happy that you are happy.  And tell Jason congrats and welcome into our crazy Mullen family (soon!). He should write me now too ;) I want ALLL the details, pictures! The ring... the proposal... the plans! I love YOU!!!!
Anyways, since I'm not really saying anything logical, I should just say I love you all so much. Wow- our family is amazing.
This week for me (this is so silly now to talk about me...) it's been good. Super major ups and downs, but hey! That's mission life. Yesterday however was truly a day of miracles. It seemed that the Lord just answered my prayers again and again, usually through other people and I was so happy. As I called people, I was so blessed to get a hold of the most incredibly prepared people and set up many teaching appointments. Also, Kris had me call some people, and since I knew one of them I had Sis Schiaffi call... my dear dear friend C*****!! She did Safari with Kris and I was so blessed to be friends with her this summer. I actually got to help teach with the missionaries a few times, so I'm so excited that now she'll be meeting with them again and I know this gospel brings such a happiness. The restoration of the priesthood was so essential, and so many people do not know or understand that need, but as they learn and find that out for themselves, the joy it brings as we apply the teachings are undeniable!
One story was a man who called in. He had a pass-along card for three years sitting my his computer screen of the Savior arising from the Tomb. He said that that picture of Christ has helped him through some of the hardest times in his life- his dad's death and now his divorce, and he wanted to finally call in and I guess thank us and get the DVD associated with the picture so he could watch it with his 10 year old son. I get to continue teaching him and he's really looking forward to the missionaries coming over and he hopes they can come when his son is there so they can learn together in these troubled times. WOW!!! He's just amazing and so prepared. I know this gospel brings families closer together, so I'm excited for him to learn and apply this to his life. So he's just one of the many I've been blessed to meet. I got to call some sisters' friends and now get to teach them. So many are receptive to this message! All it takes is for us to open our mouths!! It's just amazing
I even had an amazing conversation with a Jehovah's witness today. Very devout, and actually by the end of the conversation her talk had completely changed. She has an amazing faith in Christ and she was like, "Well sure, why wouldn't there be another book? If so, every one needs to at one point in their life find out for themselves whether this is really true. God would want us to have that when he gives another record." I challenged her to actually do it, and she's now going to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. Amazing! She loves the family values and the need for a restoration even made sense to her. She's super devout, but seriously the change I saw occur during the course of that one phone call was a miracle to me. And I know that we're promised as we sincerely read and pray we will receive that answer, and I know she'll come to see that it truly is the word of God, translated in these days by the power of God by Joseph Smith. Amazing. The power of prayers and faith of these members who allow us to call there friends is amazing. I love calling people- they're just AMAZING!!
Well... I need to go! Time's running short and I've rambled a lot, but the work is going forth! Thank you (Mom Dad and especially Bronx) for entertaining the different sisters calling for numbers... I'm excited to be able to reach to those I love who do not have the gospel. Hopefully it will touch their hearts as well.
Congratulations AGAIN Britt. You will be the most beautiful bride. You are so sweet and pure in every way and I love you. Thanks for your love and example and keep me posted as you endeavor on this big step of life! (I know you will probably be super busy, but try to not completely forget me!)
Lots and lots of love!!!
Sister Mullen
ps- sorry if this is all scrambled!!! haha.... I guess that's nothing too new coming from Kamikaze Kim... :) Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment