Hello hello
How'd you like conference?
Good! I liked it too!! Actually... best conference I've ever had!!
Very different from latch hooking in the basement eating muffins and
loving the talks in my pajamas.... But I LOVED it!!
Here's a little bit of what my conference weekend looked like...
We set a goal as a mission.... we wanted to get 7041 member
referrals. That's A LOT! But we were determined. So it took some serious
business... here was our game plan. We delayed sending sister outbound
for a few days so they could be here for conference and those sister
that went home stayed the few days too before completing their
missions.... so we had about 190 sisters here for conference weekend.
We extended our hours... we were on the square for a quick meeting
at 730am and then were out contacting the guests till 930pm. We had 2
breaks, (20 min for lunch, 20 for dinner) and Pres and Sister Holmes
provided us with sandwiches and then pizza both days!! YAY!! so we had a
lot of time to proselyte. We worked very very hard and SIs Au-Yeung and
I really wanted to uplift and really come to love every member we
talked to. We met some amazing people and so many were so willing to do
this great missionary work! However, Sunday morning
in our quick meeting we were coming short of our goal... we had about
2900 so far (which is great but not nearly enough to reach our goal!
especially since Sunday conference hours are shorter without the
priesthood session to keep temple square
busy till late). We really prayed and worked hard, and all the sisters
thought of their own friends that they want to share the gospel with- of
course we cannot ask the members to do something that we are not even
willing to do ourselves! (which brings me to another point... I need to
get one of you (Mom or Britt? cause I don't know what's come of my cell)
to look up some phone numbers for me.. my companion tried to call you
but neither answered...). But anyways... Sunday ended up being a
complete miracle... the final verdict???
9222 SOULS!!!
That means that we got 6301 just in that single day!!! When we gathered Sunday night
in the Tabernacle to celebrate, they announced this achievement to us,
and when I found out what we had collectively accomplished, I just was
soooo touched. This is nothing short of a miracle.
This week I have been so busy calling and calling all these
incredible people. I always pray to know what to share and to know what
they need so I can help them come closer to Christ- but when I really
know the member (like a friend or family member) who gave me their
friend to call especially well or I really connected with them, I always
would say an extra quick little prayer again before calling so I can
just have that added help and strength... the thing is I've been finding
myself wanted to do that for every single call cause I really grew to
love each and every person I talked to so much! Many of them it was just
a short period of time but really... I think as a missionary you're
blessed to get a small sense of God's love for his children and it's
just amazing! I love these people so much, and as I've talked to many
people of the phone we've been so blessed to just see miracle after
miracle. This is Heavenly Fathers work... he will assist it as we turn
to him for help! It really reminds me of Ammon when he said
"Yea, I know that I am anothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will bnot boast of myself, but I will cboast of my God, for in his dstrength I can do all ethings; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.Alma 26:12" This is exactly how I feel... we saw this miracle this conference weekend, and I KNOW it was not because of any talent skill or power I have, or any of the sisters here on temple square. It was truly because of God- he brought this amazing miracle as we demonstrated our faith in him, set the goal and did everything we could to achieve it. I know we would've come up short if we hadn't increased our faith and really trusted in him. Miracles happen!! They really do and I've been so so blessed to be even just a small part of this great work!! We can accomplish so little on our own, but with him.... wow! It is powerful- (Also this is the atonement! It makes up for what we cannot accomplish in this life, for we will all come short, but through Christ we can become whole!)
"Yea, I know that I am anothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will bnot boast of myself, but I will cboast of my God, for in his dstrength I can do all ethings; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.Alma 26:12" This is exactly how I feel... we saw this miracle this conference weekend, and I KNOW it was not because of any talent skill or power I have, or any of the sisters here on temple square. It was truly because of God- he brought this amazing miracle as we demonstrated our faith in him, set the goal and did everything we could to achieve it. I know we would've come up short if we hadn't increased our faith and really trusted in him. Miracles happen!! They really do and I've been so so blessed to be even just a small part of this great work!! We can accomplish so little on our own, but with him.... wow! It is powerful- (Also this is the atonement! It makes up for what we cannot accomplish in this life, for we will all come short, but through Christ we can become whole!)
So If there is any one you know that I can call too, please let me
know! This gospel is for everyone and the blessings it brings is just
incredible. We really have seen miracles as members have the faith to
share this gospel. So if any one, please let me help you in your
missionary efforts! I know we all have seen how the gospel has brought
our family close together, full of love and joy, and I know it can do
this for every one. So lets keep sharing :) I love you so much! You're
my greatest blessing in the world, so we need to help others to obtain
what we've been so blessed to enjoy.
So... that was a little about my conference weekend.... amazing!
but I honestly know very little about the talks or what was said... haha
BUT! I do know the spirit was there and uplifted millions! I saw it's
effects the entire weekend, and Sunday afternoon,
Sis Au-Yeung and I were finally able to attend a session. I loved it!!
Attending it live is always so powerful :) we were so lucky! I
especially loved Elder Oaks talk on the Savior.
I have to run, but I love you all so much!! Thanks for your love
and support!! I'm so happy now we have Gran, Grandpa and Aunty Beryl on
this email list!! I feel like I'm writing you all now.
Love you !!! You mean the world to me!! I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!! I know it is true!
Love Love Love
Sister Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment