So I have Saturday PDay now, but since tomorrow is General Conference, I'm emailing today!!
CRAZY busy week. more than EVER before on my mission.
Transfers were on Wednesday, so I have a new companion and assignment, zone and everything.
My new companion was actually in my class (meaning we arrived
to Temple Square together on the same day) and we were in visitor center
training together back at the MTC. Her name is Sis Au-Yeung from Hong Kong
(I know! Again!! All of my companions have been Cantonese speakers... I
cannot escape the Asian :D ). She went to BYU-H studying Psychology.
She speaks Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, a little Korean and English...
and well- I'm still working on English!!! haha She's so cute and little
and I love her lots and lots!!
We are the Office Assistants for the Temple Square
Mission. Meaning... well we're busy! We just do a lot of the paper work
and errands and essentially everything that the Assistants to the
Presidents need us to. So we assist the assistants! So Wed, Thurs, Fri
we have only had 30 min actually up on the square. However Heavenly
Father blessed us. We went up and met this lovely lady from Beijing (who spoke English). She's busy working for Microsoft and is on her way to Seattle
for a conference, she felt a peace on the square, especially by the
Christus that she says she's been looking for in her life since she's
always so busy working. We told her about the Book of Mormon, and how
since we cannot always be here on temple square that we can actually get
that same peace from reading the Book of Mormon. We gave her a copy and
it was just amazing! She's excited to read it. So even though we only
have 30 min on the square, the Lord blessed us with a miracle!!
I've really liked being in the office so far though. My trainer
and also her trainer all spent a lot of time in various office
assignments, so Sis Giang told me it's clearly hereditary and so
she predicted that I would be in the office a lot too... and here I am!!
Already!! She totally called it!! With conference and transfers and the
end of the month reports we've just been super busy and I'm learning A
LOT of stuff I don't know how to do... but I like it! We get to work
really closely with President and Sis Holmes and the APs and the rest of
the mission and I'm really looking forward to that. It's a special
assignment, a little crazy, but I'm so happy to be here. I have big
shoes to fill though so pray for me! haha
Some fun things about last transfer, Sis Chau (who is now going outbound to Maryland
for one transfer! Crazy...) and I for our last PDay decided to splurge
and go to the roof (well kinda... we had received gift certificates
actually from a very generous and persistent member) so we went and it
was wonderful. There's this glass piano that's all fancy and the pianist,
Wendy takes requests! so there were all these beautiful classical and
love songs and we kinda joked with her "what would we request?
We're missionaries?! haha so.. called to serve?!" turns out.... SHE
ACTUALLY PLAYED IT!!! haha She was amazing and we laughed so so hard. We
had a great time. best part was, at the end of the night the waiter
came up and told us that some one in the restaurant had paid for us!! WOW
we were not expecting that! That's like $80 and we felt so bad, but
grateful!! So we were just to pay the tip.... turns out a little later
she came back and said some one else had actually taken care of that for
us too!! Wow.... we were pretty shocked!!! People are so generous and
we were just amazed... so I still have my gift certificate!! haha People
definitely take care of the missionaries here... I was absolutely
spoiled that day!!
k so I'm going to point form some fun experiences:
-the drummer from the band Styx came through the beehive house while I was there... crazy!!!
- we got to go to the RS broadcast! Wasn't that amazing!! Pres
Monson blew us a kiss :) I loved Pres Uchtdorf's talk and during the
session apparently there were 1200 people who did an underwear run up
state street and back. We thankfully missed it cause we were in the
conference center!!! But security had fun with that... haha
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Enjoy conference this weekend everybody. Have a question in mind
that the Lord can answer for you.I know as we prepare ourselves to hear
these messages from God that the spirit will teach us and we will grow
closer to Heavenly Father. I am SOOOO excited. I get to attended the Saturday afternoon session, and the rest of the weekend we will be busy busy busy trying to further this incredible work!!
Sorry I got to run... but I love you all. Thanks so so so much for all your love and support!!!
Love Love Love
Sis Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment