Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Letter #20: I Love to "SEE" the Temple

Hello Fam Fam!!
ASH!- thanks for the email. I'm so proud that you finally broke down and wrote me. I'm SO excited to read it and sorry I'll have to reply next week :D YAY!! Love you lots.
And Mommy I didn't even know you would be in town this week, but Sis Matuatia said she saw you and Britterbee at the Lion House! Crazy people. Talk about cutting it close! I was at the Beehive House next door :) Anyways. She said to me "You're mom is GORGEOUS!!" so so true. Inside and out :) Sis Matuatia has just been meeting the whole family recently hasn't she?! How fun!
Also Nana, Thank you so so much for your sweet note and bookmark! I love the zebra! haha so fun! I love the poem and Thanks so so much for taking the time to send it to me. You're so sweet and I love you very much! All the best with your big move! Keep me posted with all those missionary moments!!
So this morning I was able to go to the Temple (always so special) and my bold companion actually walked into a room and asked if we could explore a bit! WOW! to be honest I was kinda mortified, but apparently she had done it before and I was very glad she did because we got to see a little bit more of the temple than one typically does.The nicest man explained that the room we were in was actually where Wilford Woodruff lived during persecutions, as well as an apartment for other prophets. I got to touch the inside door handles of the front door with the beautiful beehive on them and touch the granite spiral staircases and the original woodwork at the front. There's just no place like the temple. How grateful I am to be able to go inside, to feel the powerful peace there and know that because of the restoration of the gospel, priesthood, and temples, we can be together forever.
One other neat experience of the week was a tour we had yesterday with a lovely lady named Sally. She's blind and yet she still came to the Beehive House to "see" the house. She just held my elbow and with a few other guests we lead her through the house. It was amazing to see how every one else was so humble and respectful because of her. It was powerful to me how she was still so enthusiastic and came to see it even though she couldn't see it. I remember another guest said "ooo" when we went up the stairs to the long hall with the harp. She said "oh is it pretty fancy?!" Just touched my heart her humility. Such a neat lady and she just wanted to learn. She even referred to learn more from the missionaries when she goes back home!! I think we're all blind sometimes, but she can really see. It was a touching experience for me and it just reminded me of how grateful I am for this gospel. The blessings I've had, the sight it's given me. Beautiful lady!
Well I hope all is well with you :) I love you all so so much. Thank you for your prayers. It means a lot to me to know I have a loving family supporting me from back home. You mean everything to me and I pray for you every single day!
Love
Sis Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment