(edited greatly for speed typos)
Hello Fam fam!!!
OK- so it was so great to hear from you Mom through dearelder.com. I actually kinda prefer that because then I can read them during the week as they come and then I don't waste email time reading and I can just write (cause now I'm kinda pressed for time... we're only given 30 min on the comp). So ya! If you could tell every one to use dearelder.com that would be AWESOME. I know it's free while I'm in the MTC but is it for when I get to temple square too? I dunno... let me know though :)
Anyways.... Such a great week I don't even know where to begin!! I LOVE the MTC. I've actually seen lots of people I know here too... 3 girls from fresham year, Elder Brownlee :), Elder Hunter (from queensland ward), and a few friend from BYU who work here. I've gotten letters from Allison and Meliss and Aunt Carolyn which absolutely made my day!! Alanna, I LOVED your letter, Dustin's scriptures, and the boys pictures were hilarious. haha. And Mom for your letters and emails, and of course a letter from Kris. AND I got a package with cinnamon rolls and candy a nice card from this lady I met on the flight from phoenix to SLC. I met her for only a few minutes and yet she remembered me and took the time to send me that stuff through dearelder.com and I thought that was so so sweet. people are so nice aren't they?! So anyways... long story short- I've been so spoiled this week from people. wow!! It's so nice to feel so loved and supported. So tell every one thanks for me. It means a lot. I thought I'd be good at writing as a missionary, but I'm afraid I won't be cause you have NO time. So I'm sorry that I won't be able to reply to them all yet, but maybe next p-day I'll write more people back. But I do appreciate them :)
Ok- so my companion is AMAZING. She is beautiful and such an example to me. We've had some incredible experiences already. I've learned so so much. Much more than I anticipated! But seriously... The spirit here is something so special and unique that it's just amazing and it's given me so much strength. Although it's been kinda humbling to see how much growing I have still to do to fill such big missionary shoes, I know that through the spirit I'll be able to learn what I need to learn. Luke 1:37!!! :D I've grown so much already. Seriously, it's so amazing how much you can learn when the spirit is guiding you and with you. You just have to make sure you're living worthy of it so it can be with you- being exactly obedient, working hard, and being in unity with your comp and it's with you- which is SO essential when you're trying to teach. That's probably something I've been working on more than anything. trying to have the spirit with me to guide my teaching, my studies, my prayers, and to discern how to teach to the investigators needs and to say what they personally need to hear. Every one needs this gospel. EVERYONE. And every one needs one principle right now more than others, so it's important to know who you're teaching so you can present it to their needs so it can more fully bless their lives. So you just need the spirit to help you figure that out and it works. I know it works because I've seen it and it's been amazing. Ah... I've had so many cool teaching experiences I want to tell you but I just don't have time... only a few more min :( So sad! oK. BUT I know this church is true and can bless the lives of others.It's powerful how the spirit can direct you and I'm learning more and more about it every day and it's strengthened my testimony so much. honestly- I feel completely different and I love it.
One funny story before I go- it was my comps birthday yesterday!! YAY! however, she had hurt her finger in volleyball and it starting really swelling so we went to go get it checked out and they sent us to do XRAYS IN THE BYU health center (I know... outside of the MTC!! Soooo scandalous!) anyways... while we were walking back who should drive by? Kris of course! on his way to the MTC to work. ahhh... so long story short, I saw him and he saw me... but he stayed across the way and waited for us to cross. I thought that was actually sweet that he kept his distance and showed that he didn't want to make things hard for me and that this work and keeping my thoughts where they should be were important. And they are. I am here and loving it and learning and growing so much. K I didn't say half I wanted to but I have less than one min and it'll kick me off.... never typed so fast and messy in my life before... so love you all so so so so much!!! I'm great and never been happier!!! I'll write next wed more legibly? haha
Glad to hear all is well!!
Love
Sister Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment