Hi-dee-ho, neighbour joe!
Before I say anything, I just want to wish you a very happy mothers day, mother!! I know I'm a terrible daughter and that I didn't write this beforehand (bad planning on my part), but please know that I was thinking of you and about how you've been such a wonderful influence in my life. I'm glad my sisters were thoughtful enough to include me in your mothers day gift despite my absence, and glad they took care of you on your special day. I love you so much mom. So much of what I am I have to attribute to you. Thanks for your endless love and support. Whatever would I do without my mommy. I love you so so so much!!! Thanks for EVERYTHING!!!
So how's my lovely family?! Thanks so much for all your wonderful letters. I feel very loved and wish I could reply to each and every one of you!! however... Time like that doesn't exist at the MTC. but here's some brief replies to just a few of you!!
Thanks Aunty Carolyn for the letters and the pictures!! I love those pics and it's so fun to have copy of my own!! You're so thoughtful and sweet. thank you!! I love the updates from the twins :)
Hayley Joe- Your story about Macy's first swim cracked me up big time! haha I can totally picture that and I literally laughed out loud as I read it. haha Oh that Macy... too cute!!
Dustin- you're ridiculous. I love Zech 5:1, however I prefer to use it to justify the toilet papering that I desire to do in my lifetime, however a food fight would also be a wonderful usage to liken the scriptures unto us as Nephi asks us to do (1 Nephi 19:23) hahah. but I enjoyed that lots. and don't worry... I've been avoiding the chocolate milk so don't you get your hopes up!!! haha However.... I cannot say the same about the ice cream they bring in from the BYU Creamery every wed. and sun. I kinda go to town on that... :D
I love you all so much!!! I received so many letters and support from friends and family (I think my district is jealous of me ;) ) but I have no complaints!! Thanks for being so wonderful!!!
So guess who came to speak to us last night.... drum roll.............. ELDER NEIL L ANDERSON!!! No biggie.... super cool though!!! I was singing in the choir "consider the lilies" (ps- LOVE that song) and it was pretty neat to be able to sing that for an apostle of the Lord. His talk was awesome, all about the atonement and I learned so much. in PMG 1, there's a statement that says as our understanding of the atonement increases, so does our desire to preach the gospel. SO true!!! I've really felt that as I've been here at the MTC for sure. As I've learned so much, I've grown so much, I've really come to love this work and have a greater desire every day to share it. Every one needs this gospel. EVERYONE!!! It's essentially the only thing that matters in this life, so I don't know why we become so timid about sharing it sometimes, because ultimately it's the only thing of eternal importance!!! (therefore, you should all go through your minds, cell phones, etc and think of every person in your life that you think could be receptive of this message and give it to me as a referral ;) ) But hey! I'm serious. Think of just one person that you might be able to reach out to. We have been so blessed in this family to have the gospel in our lives. Mosiah 2:41. Every one shoudl have that for it not only brings joy in this life, but in the eternal life to come.
I kinda realized I haven't said much at all about my district or day to day life here at the MTC. It's awesome :) My district is so much fun and we've really gotten close. there's 4 sisters (Sis Mullen, Matautia (my comp who broke her finger... love her!!), Schiaffi, and Cool- yes! Her name is Sister Cool, which I think is really cool...) and 4 elders (Elder Seegmiller, Winegar, Hopkins, and Clawson). All the sisers are going to TMSQ and all the elders are going to Richmond Virginia. Coolio! Our teachers are awesome and we've had some hilarious experiences and funny moments. We've taken to quoting Napoleon Dynamite a lot (sorry mom.... I tried Gone with the Wind but it just didn't catch on) which has actually bonded us lots!!! One of the funniest things I've heard that's happened (not in my district so I kinda feel bad to announce this... but it's funny so oh well!) but in the TRC, some investigator asked "what is the purpose of life?" the Elder answered and said "Basically we want to die so we can go make worlds and have babies in heaven...." HAHAHA Ok. I know it's bad... but it's funny, cause BASICALLY he's right!!! haha but... you just don't say that... :)
My TRC experiences however have been incredible. I really feel that my companion and I are learning more and more to rely on the spirit to guide our lessons and we've had some really tender moments with the people we teach. It's amazing to see them learn and they desire to change and come unto Christ and be baptized. It's exciting to see the new peace and joy that they discover in their lives and they read the BOM and pray to know if it's true. We cannot know of any spiritual truths without prayer. I love the joy that comes as you are able to play even a small role in helping someone find peace and joy in their life, to be relieved of their guilt, and to be better!! It's such a joy and I love it so much. I've learned a ton and have changed so much myself. Something that I love about the MTC is that I have never prayed so much in my life!!! We pray ALL THE TIME!!! like.... I can't even count how many times. Beginning and end of every personal study, companion study, classes, preparation, meals, morning & night, before teaching, and constantly throughout your day!! It's amazing. I don' think I realized how much we were allowed to pray and it's been such a blessing because I know that I've become closer to my Heavenly Father and Savior as I've improved my prayers and he's strengthened and taught me so that I can strengthen and teach others. It's amazing how this gospel works. The atonement is real and it works miracles in our lives. I've seen it tons on the first 2 weeks of my mission already, within myself, my district, my investigators, and even in my studies and of course the incredible examples we have in the scriptures. I encourage you all to evaluate your prayers. Does God answer them? Do you feel the spirit as you pray? after? do you feel gods love for you? Prayer truly enables us to do anything!! (D&C 10:5). One thing that I've began to do after my prayers is stay on my knees for a minute or so and just listen. Expect answers and revelation and inspiration. Don't think of anything. Just stay there and listen. As I have done that, I truly have been able to feel the arms of my Heavenly Father surround me with love and I know he will do the same for you. He loves us so much, that's why he has blessed us with each other. Families are forever and I'm so blessed to have you all in my life. I keep you all in my prayers and I love you so so much. Mmmua!!
Sister Mullen
ps- Could I have Melissa's and Bachynski's address? Thanks much-o!!
No comments:
Post a Comment