Mommy and Daddy!!
Hello hello from the MTC. My P-day will normally be Wednesday, but they gave us permission/asked us to write our families within or first few days here at the MTC just to let them know we are safe, have a roof over our head, a bed to sleep in, and food to eat. So I have all of those things!! Please let every one else know since I have limited time and don't want to waste time typing in email addresses. I love you lots and lots and am loving it here!! I've been super happy and just loving every minute. My companion is AWESOME. Sis Matu'atia (Ma-t-ow-tia). She's from Australia but has Somoan roots. There were three Australian missionaries that started with me and all three sister are in my room. So it's three auzzies and a canuck!! They're making me an honourary auzzie though- they're so cool! and I've learned lots of lingo already! For instance... instead of saying they're so cool, I should've said they're "heaps cool!" That's the Auzzie way. Cute, eh? Oh- and we're all going to temple square. TONS of sisters that came in yesterday are going to temple square, and most are international. The few I've met are from Canada (me), Australia (3 roommates),one from Italy, and one from China. But there are many many others too- mostly from Asian countries it seems. Anyways, I'm really enjoying my time here already, yesterday was mainly just orientation stuff. It was actually really fun because the first sister that I saw (a host sister getting new sisters settled in) was a girl from my freshman ward! and then soon after I saw another girl from my freshman ward :)Very fun. Apparently there's four of us at the MTC right now, so we'll all have to get a picture and send it to our old bishop or something. I think it's kinda neat! My teacher, Bro. Dickey is great and it turns out that he actually served in Las Vegas with Elder Castrey (Jon, Melissa's boy). Small world eh? So pass that message on. I thought that was kinda fun! But we've already done some teaching experience stuff and had little lessons and it's great! I have personal study time right now (which I'm using to write this email with permission from my ZL's) and then breakfast (thank goodness cause I'm super hungry :) ). Then gym. There's no dancing allowed in the gym which is a bummer, but if you're willing to wake up extra earlier, they have 6am classes for sisters that include stuff like yoga, pilates, kick boxing and stretching and step aerobics and stuff. I didn't do it today cause I think I'll take a few days to kinda figure out the drill of things, but starting soon I'm hoping to start going to those. Thankfully my comp is nice enough to get up early too so I can do that. She said she'd just come with me and read scriptures while I jump around. haha!! Sweet sweet girl. I love her already and feel like I really lucked out with my companion and roommates. So anyways it looks like after gym it's mostly classroom stuff for the rest of the day! Hope all is well with the fam fam :) I'll write again Wednesday!! But just know you're Sister Mullen is happy and loving it here! I'm excited to meet more people and kinda get into the groove of things. It might take a bit, but I love it here!! It's like a permanent EFY- but with WAY more too it!! I love the spirit here. One of the coolest little experiences so far I'll just share quickly was when we were singing some songs to open up a meeting where we would be introduced to the mission presidency. We were singing the Armies of Helaman and they changed the lyrics to "we are NOW the Lords missionaries to bring the world its truth". Loved it :) It just kinda touched me!! anyways. I really have to run. Love you all lots!
Sister Mullen
Keep Smiling :)
No comments:
Post a Comment