This is a picture of my lovely new companion! Sister Palmer is from New
Mexico (not Utah... I guess I was confused! haha).
She's only been a
member for 3 years, and her family members are not members, but she has
LDS cousins which is neat! She just has such an awesome and sincere
testimony and I have learned a lot from her. I also attached a picture
of all the Sisters in the mission that were at Transfer Conference
(wednesday morning).
You'll notice Sister Price, Sister Palmer, and
Sister Matautia! Sister Kutarna is on my left and she was Sister Price's
trainer and she's from Calgary! She's back there now cause that was her
last day on the mission. She picked me up from the airport my first day
in Louisiana with Sister Spencer (who is left of Sister Kutarna). Love
these Sisters!
Well it's been a crazy week. I of course miss Sister Price, but am
really coming to love Sister Palmer more and more each day as I get to
know her. She really is amazing and is a witness that the atonement
enables us to overcome hard things! And besides that, she's so patient
with me! haha I've kinda been a terrible companion recently! haha Her
first few days here were just packed and so unfortunately I didn't leave
much time for things like lunch and dinners... haha but she didn't even
complain! She's just been working super hard and I love her for it.
Really, if a companion can work hard and be obedient, I'm more than
happy! Who could ask for anything more?! Long story short, she's
awesome, I love her and it's been great to be so busy! We're doing lots
of service (painting, dishes and helping people move) and teaching lots
(which is even greater!) C******, J***, and T**** are all still
progressing great and on their way to Baptism! and we've been blessed to
see many recent converts and less-actives making progress and coming
back to church. It's been a miracles week for sure.
In D&C 84:88 it says "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your
face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit
shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."
Recently I had a really neat experience where I believe I had angels
truly lift me up and ever since it's been amazing to see how many people
and scriptures have taught me about it since to confirm my experience.
He also has guided us a lot the past few days and we've seen many
miracles come from it. I just wanted you to know that I have felt that
and what joy and comfort that gives. I know that angels were sent to
comfort Christ, and angels come to hold us and comfort us as well. I
know that angels are watching out for me and all of you as well. I pray
we can all do the small simple things, like scripture study and prayer,
so we can feel the fullness of God's love for us.
Yesterday, we had pretty much nothing scheduled- yet as the Spirit
guided, we taught so many people and found many opportunities so that
literally not one moment was wasted! It was a super productive day and I
know it was only through the Mercy of God that it was possible. I was
just so grateful! and it was hilarious because Sister Palmer this
morning told me that I was talking in my sleep about it! haha apparently
I was bearing testimony about how grateful I was that our day worked
out so well and I knew that it was because of the Lord guiding us. So I
know it's REALLY in my heart!! haha But I truly mean that. I'm so
grateful for the Lord. He knows us and loves us and I know when we're
doing the right things, he is guiding us (whether we realize it or
not!).
I love you all so dearly. Thank you for teaching me the gospel and bringing this joy to my life. You mean the world to me.
All my Love,
Sister Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment