Hello!
Well it's been a wonderful week!
We've
been giving a lot of service recently. I love it! and it made me very
very grateful that you taught me how to dive in and work Mom. I think
just knowing how to really REALLY clean has given me confidence to help
people who unfortunately have gotten too behind in life to bother
cleaning.
L***-
we finally get to start teaching her and are going to help her to stop
quit smoking! It's amazing how we can do things with the Lords power.
Never would one dream to walk into someone's home, never before meeting
them, sitting down with them and before you leave they agree to stop
smoking. That just doesn't happen!! But with the Spirit and true message
of the gospel, it does! I think that's nothing short of a miracle. I'm
excited to do my first stop smoking workshop!
Thanks for that inspiring Africaans Book of Mormon story! I loved
hearing Uncle Gary's side of it. I'm sure that was an incredible
experience. It's sad that even with all the evidence in the world some
people do not choose to accept the message of the Restored Gospel.
That's why only the Spirit can teach us of truth, and not physical
evidence. Although even with that spiritual conversion, we need to cling
tight to the iron rod, search, ponder and pray and nourish that
testimony. No matter how strong your testimony (a seed, a sprout, or a
strong tree), if it stops getting nourished it dies! Faith is like a
little seed.... Alma 32!
Yesterday we celebrated Sister Prices 22nd birthday (which is really
tomorrow). But we called it her Pday Bday, and we ate lunch and went to
the WWII museum to watch this movie about the war. I learned so much
and was just so inspired to know that Grandpa served in that war and
wished I remembered more of his stories! You'll have to send them to me
or something. But it was fun- on her Pday Bday, we learned about Dday!!
P*** N***** has come back pretty strong and came to church again! It
was our special missionary sunday and we got to teach the whole ward
combined. We taught the restoration and it was really powerful. I felt
the spirit and power of that message for sure and am so grateful that we
can know of these truths through the Holy Ghost. A missionary from
their ward gave his homecoming talk and spoke on how we can strengthen
our testimony- if we're trying to gain one or strengthen one, if we just
say what we do know is true we can feel the spirit confirm. Then as you
say other things you believe and think are true, you can continue to
feel that same spirit build, grow and confirm. That's how he gained an
assurance during harder times in his mission. It's so true that your
testimony is strengthened as you share it. If you're able to say out loud
you know something is true, the spirit will confirm it most definitely.
It was neat to see how he had tested that to affirm the more shaking
parts of his testimony.
Well we were on bikes a few days of this week. haha that was fun in the summer humidity and heat :) haha!!!
We
were able to attend Brother M* R****** Baptism- what a special
experience that for sure was. I just feel so blessed to be out here and
seeing the atonement work in my life and the lives of others. This
gospel is so true and profoundly simple. I love you all so much!
Keep reading and praying earnestly every day, alright? It may feel like a
small and simple thing, but I can promise if you do this you will have a
greater abundance of the Spirit in your life to lead and guide you and
comfort you in all the ups and downs of life. By simple things are great
things come to pass!
Some of the greatest miracles this week were that M***** blessed the
sacrament for his first time this week and did an amazing job! His
testimony is incredible and he's been practicing so he can share it next
week. We're just so proud of him.
The other incredible miracle is that G**** D**** came back to church!!!!
He hasn't been in about 2 years and has just been totally less active.
We've been working with him and they even had us over for a fancy BBQ
yesterday. When I saw him walk into the church I just wanted to cry I
was so happy. His wife M**** I'm sure has just been praying for this for
years and I just was so amazed that the Lord has been working on
changing his heart and it's finally happening for this family. M**** is
from Brazil and G**** from Texas. Their son, G**** Jr rarely ever comes
out of his room, he's super shy, 14, and addicted to video games. One of
the greatest miracles is that the last 2 times we've been over there he
came out of his room! He even read scriptures with us!!! I know this
gospel is what will unite this family and save them. I'm so thrilled to
play a small role. I really have felt that I've been called here for a
reason and I feel like if this is the only thing I could do it'd be
worth it. It was THAT special. I cannot wait for the day for G**** Jr to
come to church too and see their whole family sitting at church
together. That would mean the world!
Love, Love, Love,
Sister Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment