Wow I cannot believe it's already the final week of my third transfer... time has FLOWN!!!
I found out that I had a baptism in August that I didn't even know
about!! haha This lady is AMAZING!!! A***** G****. She loves everything
to do with Jesus, is black and full of soul!!! It was really funny
because I had called her twice since she had been baptized and she
didn't even mention it!!! She must've thought I already knew somehow or
something... but we were just talking about how amazing the Book of
Mormon is, how she believes God has answered her prayer, she knows it's
true, she knows Joseph Smith was a prophet, She feels closer to God than
ever before in her life!! She's even getting her daughter to take the
discussions... So hearing this I was like... "what the?!?! This is too
good to be true! Why is this lady not baptized?!!" So I kinda bridge the
conversation over to baptism and am teaching her a bit about it and
seriously am ready to just commit her to baptism, when I ask "so have
the elders not talked very much about baptism then?" and she responds
"oh yes yes. We have talked about it. In fact I actually got baptized
last month!!" all nonchalant. haha what the?!?! Well that
was a surprise!!! I was thrilled obviously but it definitely threw me
off. I guess that's something tricky about when you're just involved in
the first part of the teaching and then you call to check up now and
then and sometimes you miss out on little details... or in this case
major details! haha Love her though...
Also yesterday we had a special mission meeting!! SO fun. They fed
us this yummy Mexican food and we got to watch a new movie called "17
Miracles" about the handcart companies. So well done and of course
sad... but it's all about through the hardships there were so many
miracles that occurred. It was amazing!! You should all see it if you get
the chance!! Which reminded me actually.... speaking of miracles, last
week I forgot to mention that your birthday mom was a totally miracle
day!! I cannot remember all the details anymore off the top of my head,
but the spirit was strong that day, we found so many prepared and golden
people and even experience some miracles with the language difference-
for instance: Sis Chau testified of something in Chinese and then after
asked me if I would share something too (in English of course). So I
always just kinda testify of whatever the spirit brings to my mind...
just so happens that what I said was almost word for word the exact same
thing that Sis Chau had just said. Sometimes it's hard to know whether
I'm really being spirit lead and one can wonder or begin to question,
but it's experiences like that that make you realize WOW. This is really
the Lords work and it's the Spirit, not us, that is touching the hearts
of these people. It is His work and therefore he is in control and
guiding us in all that we do, so long as we strive to follow his
influence and stay worthy and in tune to the promptings of the spirit.
It was a really neat and special experience. The whole day was
especially special and full of miracles- so thanks Mom! You must've been
praying for me or something, for the Lord really blessed us on your
special day! I'm so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who allows us
to see such miracles. He truly is amazing.
Ash- I LOVED your letter. Thanks so much. Sorry this is such a
short reply but I think that's amazing your story about how 1 Nephi 1
inspired you. There's so much truth we can find in the scripture. 2
Nephi 4:15-16. There's a sciprutre I wanted to share with you also: 3
Nephi 18:21- I love the simple clear message of this one :) You're
amazing and I love you. You're such a good example of a Disciple of
Christ Mother.
Nana- I often share with guests about my history and how my Nana
moved here from England. What's you're full conversion story? Why exactly
did you join the church and why did you move to Canada? I love to hear
all your details of you investigating since I'm now helping others go
through that same process you did. (Also for all of you as well!! Like
Mom maybe you can ask Gran too??
Love you all so so so so much!!! You're in my thoughts and prayers!!!
Love
Sister Mullen
and here's also Sis Chau with a cute teddy bear she got from an investigator :) She's even cuter than the bear!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment