Hello hello!!
All is well. All is well. K so first things first- Ashley and fam fam... so fun seeing you!!! What a treat to take you through the Beehive house. I wish it could've been a special VIP tour with just you guys and therefore more personal but I'm glad those guests were able to join us too at the same time... regardless- nice to see you!! I seriously cannot believe that Benson is that big!! They are all so big!! Love you all so much. Sis Blyel and Parra are in my district (they took you through Gods Plan) and after they told me and they were so impressed with how well behaved and darling the kids were. They were quite charmed with Kaia's grown up response to how she liked it. "It was lovely. I loved it." haha definitely sounds like our little 30-year old Kaia. :)
And I had some shoes mysteriously appear for me in T2. From an angel named Tenille. Is this your doing Britt? haha Thanks I love you!! so so sneaky.
So in personal study yesterday I was reading in Hebrews 11 and I couldn't help but smile when I read vs 25. I thought of Billy Joel only the good die young.. "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints". Sorry Billy! But Moses here shares the opposite opinion. "Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season." I share Moses' view :D for "God (has) provided some better thing for us" as it says in vs 40. I love the scriptures. It's so true that living the gospel may not appear as fun or glamorous- just think of the early persecution of the Saints. But their faith in Jesus Christ helped them to endure so much and there's no doubt in my mind that they do have more joy than those who do not know God, especially now on the other side. But not only that. I think that living the gospel here on earth really brings us joy. I know it's what makes me happy! It protects us from so much heartbreak that occurs in life because of sin, it brings families closer together, it helps us be better people and to grow and progress. It gives us reason to rejoice and comfort in trials. I love the gospel and the joy it brings us, now and in the eternities.
One small miracle for the week (we truly have miracles every day!) This lady named H___. We got paged for a Mandarin tour and when we arrived, 7 spoke Mandarain but one could only speak English. So essentially I hung out with her in the back and told her everything in English while sis Chau gave the Mandarin to the rest of the group. It was amazing to see how prepared she was to hear the gospel and how the spirit helped me to teach her the things that she needed to hear. One of the first things I taught was the Book of Mormon. I told her about how it testifies of when Christ visited the Americas and she was simply amazed. I definitely have taken for granted these records of that sacred event- so many people don't know about his ministry in the Americas and so it's so special to be able to share it with people for the first time. she just kept saying "wow... That's amazing. I never knew that before. I want to read about that." How we take this knowledge for granted. I told her a lot about the restoration, Joseph Smith, Temples and how we have the priesthood authority on the earth once again. She has such a strong faith in Christ and I definitely knew that the spirit was testifying to her that these things really did happen. She even told me she believed it! I know as she continues to meet with the missionaries and to read the Book of Mormon that she'll know how to apply these truths to her life and receive the blessings of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. It's just amazing- such a blessing to be a missionary and to see the Lords work in action.
Well I hope all is well with you!! Thanks for all your love and support. I thank Heavenly Father for you every day and am continuously using your good examples as I teach on the square. MMUA!!!
Love
Sister Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment