Hello Hello!
It's officially summertime on the Square and it is picking up pace! We've been really busy which is great. Sunday was rainy however so it was super slow... which isn't nearly as fun. Time really drags when there's no one to talk to and so I kinda fear winter cause apparently that's what it's like. But I'm definitely excited for summer!! It's going to be such a blast!!
It was so great to call home and talk to you Mom and Dad (and Hayley, Troy, Macy, and via speakerphone Britt)! I love you all so much and it was wonderful to hear your voices. Glad to hear you all are well!! Thanks for the emails btw. I printed them off cause I don't have time to read them but I'm excited to read them after I send this off and I'll reply asap :)
So this week.... hmmm what's something that happened. OH! It was Sis Giangs birthday yesterday. She turned 25, quarter of a century. haha. I made blonde brownies and a fancy breakfast, we went to the COB for lunch (YUM! Britt I'm so sad you haven't smuggled me into it earlier! It's so fabulous!). Anyways it was a good day! I love my trainer. It's been so fun to have to canucks together and I've just learned so much from her. Mainly from example! She's just amazing. She's going home in August so I told her to go visit you guys when she goes to Calgary. Make sure you take good care of her! She's pretty awesome!!
(I ate WAY too much... but it was so good!)
Guerby is getting baptized on sunday! He was devastated when he found out that Sis Giang and I wouldn't be there... It kinda broke my heart actually. But he is such a darling French man. His accent cracks me up "Kim-ba-leee" is what he calls me and he always says "no problem... my pleasure... I await your call..." I just adore him and he always asks when he gets to meet us. I guess I'll have to take a trip to NYC after my mission. I'm very excited for him. He's so excited for "his big day!" I know the gospel will just be such a joy and light in his life.
There's been a lot of EFY groups coming through (which by the way has been interesting for the anti's... a bunch of youth walking around. One guy, escorting two girls... Lets just say, with the number of polygamy questions we get, especially in the Beehive house, it's not helping the situation! haha but I've been glad to clear up misconceptions that they're teaching these youth to be chivalrous and they're simply outnumbered... not polygamists haha) but ANYWAYS!!! We got to take an EFY group through the Beehive house the other day. They were so well behaved and just a solid group of youth. Oh how I love my EFY days... There actually was one girl who was not a member but just loves the church so she came to EFY with a friend. We had such a great tour and we definitely felt the spirit. One thing that I think is so powerful about the BH is the room where Joseph F Smith recieve the revelation that is now Sec 138 in D&C. How powerful it is to see the room, to feel of the presence of these great prophets and see where they raised their children. It is such a blessing that we have prophets today, men called of God, to lead us and give us direction in these latter-days. These revelations are so precious and I'm so grateful that we have this section of doctrine which teaches us so much about the spirit world and the plan of Salvation. We no longer have to wonder so much about what happens to us once we pass from this earthly life. "We thank thee oh God for a prophet!!"
On that note... saw Elder Perry the other day! My first true GA encounter. He shook my hand and said something how "of course it's two Canadians together that are speed walking! These other sisters behind you can't keep up!" haha and then the group behind us happened to have Sis Wilde, from Carstairs Alberta... "Another Canadian!!" haha. It was funny. He's so tall, and happy! I just loved seeing him out for his morning stroll. The same morning my morning group saw Elder Oaks out jogging, but I somehow missed him! Dang it... Anyways... The brethren are just awesome!! What a blessing to be able to serve so near them.
Well I'll attach some pics. Here's a hilarious conversation on chat we had the other day...
We were dying laughing when he calls me ugly. Sis Giang has kinda taken to calling me Barbie... (cause apparently I look like barbie... Blonde hair and long legs... unfortunately it's been somewhat sticking with some of the other sisters but hopefully it'll die off soon! haha.) So she was going to type "yea... too bad my companion actually looks like Barbie" but we decided that wouldn't be a very good thing to say as representatives of the Church and of Jesus Christ... However, it was kinda funny. We have MANY funny chats. People essentially have too much time on their hands so they have a great time trying to do lame pranks online.
The second pic is of Sister Crystal and I. We were friends at the MTC and she's serving in Independence Missouri. But she came to Temple Square as part of visitor center training so I saw her again! She actually set the record for most consecutive 3-pointers for girls at the MTC (which was even higher than the guys!) 29 baskets!! She's kinda my claim to fame :) Love her!
The last one I'll send today is me, Sis Giang, and Sis Wilde (THE CANADIANS!!) We did some chalk drawings one Pday...
Well hope all is well with you! I love you dearly!! I'm going to try to write a few quick individual emails now!
Love this new Mormon message. Check it out!! Love you!!!
Sis Mullen
10Remember the aworth of bsouls is great in the sight of God; 11For, behold, the Lord your aRedeemer suffered bdeath in the flesh; wherefore he csuffered the dpain of all men, that all men might repent and ecome unto him.
12And he hath arisen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of brepentance.
13And how great is his ajoy in the bsoul that crepenteth!
14Wherefore, you are called to acry repentance unto this people.
15And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one asoul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
16And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the akingdom of my Father, how great will be your bjoy if you should bring many csouls unto me!
17Behold, you have my gospel before you, and my rock, and my asalvation. (D&C 18:10-17) verses I recite every Comp study with Sis Giang, along with D&C 4, "My purpose," and "the standard of Truth.
12And he hath arisen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of brepentance.
13And how great is his ajoy in the bsoul that crepenteth!
14Wherefore, you are called to acry repentance unto this people.
15And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one asoul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
16And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the akingdom of my Father, how great will be your bjoy if you should bring many csouls unto me!
17Behold, you have my gospel before you, and my rock, and my asalvation. (D&C 18:10-17) verses I recite every Comp study with Sis Giang, along with D&C 4, "My purpose," and "the standard of Truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment