Happy Birthday Dustin!! Coming up in the next few days... I'll be thinking of ya!! Hope you have a great weekend. Fathers day and birthday all packed into one!! BAM!! Should be good :)
Well this week has been great!! Looking forward to calling home on Fathers day. So in the next few days I should be calling home to set up a time that I can call for reals on Fathers day... so look out for that!! it'll be only 5 min or so but just look out for that!! To be honest it kinda feels weird to be calling home, but at the same time it'll be way nice to hear your lovely voices! I love you all so much!
Well all is well on Temple Square! Some of you have been asking about day-to-day life.... so pretty much I wake up at 6:06, go running at 6:15 in a canyon with a big group of sisters. I'm actually really learning to love running! Something I thought would never happen. But it's a beautiful run and it's fun with a bunch of people so it's not so much of a chore. But the other days where I don't run, I wake up just before 6:30 and I just dance, stretch, jump around, and do sit ups in our living room. haha it's great! Then I shower and get ready, do personal study, do companionship study and then I'm out on the square till 9pm. We have 30 min for lunch and 30 min for dinner. Depending on the day I do beehive house tours, call out, teach on the phone, do chat, and walk around the square taking tours answering questions and such! So that's pretty much what I do! and it's amazing! I love the people we meet. You see miracles all the time and there's such a sweet spirit about Temple Sqaure that people just can't help but feel it.
Here's probably the highlight of my week. We've been teaching this wonderful single mom from England, Jennifer. She lives in Newcastle and is so cute and just lovely! We actually met her on chat and she has an LDS friend who is a YW leader and had invited her daughter to come to activities and such so Jennifer started looking into the church on mormon.org which is where we met her. As we've called and taught her some of the lessons and such, we've realized just how golden she is. Whenever we ask her to do something, she's already done it!! "Well we invite you to read the Book of Mormon..." she had already ordered one, but has been reading it online till it arrives. "As you read pray to know it's true..." As she's read she's constantly been praying. Says she's been thinking about it constantly and looking forward to our calls. The first thing she thinks about when she wakes up, thinks about it all through the day to and from work, and last thing when she goes to sleep. Been praying all the time about it and so far it feel so right and loves everything she's researched online (which she's pretty much memorized mormon.org) and that we've taught. "Invite you to go to church..." She's already looked up the address and the time. She couldn't promise that she'd go but she wants to and will try her best. But sooo GOLDEN! So it's really a pleasure teaching her :) We called her Monday and we were SO thrilled to hear that she did go to church, and she met every one. The bishop, missionaries, RS pres, ward members. Even the choir director invited her to come to practices cause she really enjoyed the music, so now she's excited about that... it's just amazing!! They just embraced her and I'm so thrilled that she had a good experience. She's bringing her kids next week and is meeting with the missionaries now so we won't get to teach her anymore, but we'll still be able to call from time to time to see how she's doing and progressing. But it's just amazing. All this from a little mormon.org chat room :) The Brethren are so inspired and I feel so blessed to get to be a part of it.
Anyways, it's just great! You meet people from all over and it's so fun to hear their stories and get to know them. We definitely have awkward moments too, and lots of funny ones, but it's these miracles like Jennifer that make it SO worth everything.
So good to hear from you all!! Thanks Ash for emailing me those pictures! It was so great to be able to see them. Every one should send me pictures of themselves, their lives, their kids, what they're doing. Brook- you're hot dates. Britt- you in scuba gear and in all you're crazy adventures. And the rest of you, you're cute kiddilinks cause I'm sure they're growing up so so fast!! I saw someone who looked like Troy the other day and it made me miss little Macy (oh...and Troy too I guess). haha Just teasing Troy!!! I love and miss you too!! Anyways, haha essentially what I'm saying is if you're adding it on facebook you should just shoot it to me in an email too :) I like showing off my good looking family!
Love you all so so much. Thanks for your love and support. I think of you often and pray for you constantly.
Love,
Sister Mullen
27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their aweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)
No comments:
Post a Comment