Hello Hello Family!
| the State Capitol |
| me being in the Head of the House of Representatives seat |
| with Sister Palmer |
We
prayed and planned so much to prepare for what should be said and then
had all the Zone Leaders give a different section on how we find to
teach, teach to baptize, and baptize to seal. It was great. I feel that
the Lord really does guide this work and I have no doubt that he is
mindful of all of our needs. I've felt that time and time again and it
really has taught me much about how merciful he truly is. Actually, I'm
giving a talk tomorrow about Mercy and how Heavenly Father shows us
mercy when he forgives us and allows us to return and dwell in his
presence again. It is the compassion to someone who often does not
expect it and often feels they don't deserve it. He truly is so merciful
unto us. I feel it's in the small little things of day-to-day that make
a big difference above a big thing that shows his mercy. It's the small
tender mercies of the Lord (1 Nephi 1:20, 1 Nephi 8:8:). I surely have
felt the Lord's mercy on my mission as he makes up for my weaknesses and
gives us faith and strength.
Well, I am doing well and feel very blessed. I feel
like the Lord has given me the best missions, the best companions, the
best Presidents, the best assignments, the best experiences that any one
could ever ask for. I received Septembers Ensign yesterday and as I
flipped through it I saw that they were really encouraging every one to
serve missions, especially couples! They had a picture of Brother and
Sister Sackley in there from when they served in the Hong Kong area
office! I thought that was pretty neat! I hope that if you're single,
you'll take the time to pray about serving a mission. I hope that if
you're married, that you'll take the time to pray about serving a
mission and start planning and preparing for that now. I hope that this
week and as the Temple is finished that you'll pray about how to be a
better missionary now. If you need ideas, talk to the rest of the
family!!! It's been so neat for me to see the missionary sides of each
of you as you email me. Gran and Aunty Beryl with the people in the
Hospital are sharing the Gospel. Dad is holding discussions with many of
his clients. I've heard more stories and experiences about the
Brother-in-laws missions that I hadn't before. Nana and Grandpa Dan are
on fire sharing the gospel with everyone in New Hampshire and were
recently called to be ward missionaries because of it! Ashley and Hayley
are indexing and doing our family history, gather stories and such for
us to treasure. Brittany and Alanna have shared experiences with me
about talking to people and even given me their friends to call!! I've
met friends of Brooklyn on the Square and at random times and I just
know the influence she has on these people. Mom is constantly serving
and loving us and strengthens our family. We each are serving and
furthering the work of the Lord. Keep serving, and as you accept the
various missions (full-time or not) that the Lord has prepared for you,
you will be so richly blessed. And if you do decided to serve a mission,
I know you'll never ever regret it! It's been the best thing in the
world for me and has truly changed my life.
Thank you all for your love and support. Keeping
being the great people, missionaries, and family that you are! Love you
so much!
Love,
Sister Mullen
PS- I got to meet and have a special performance with Wanda West
Palmer, who wrote several famous songs "O that I were an angel" and
"Mary's Lullaby" that we sing every Christmas. Her son (Elder Palmer) is
a senior couple in our mission and they were having this big honorary
recital for her in the Tabernacle this week. The night before they sang
and performed just for 8 or so of us at the Gillettes. It was amazing! I
love how strongly we can feel the Spirit through music. She was a
lovely lady and I just loved hearing all the little stories behind the
songs that inspired her to write!
No comments:
Post a Comment