Saturday, September 22, 2012

Letter #71: Jacob 2:8

HELLO HELLO FAMILY!!

Well, last week was wonderful. We went up to Park City for Pday to President Harmans home (he's 2nd counselor in our mission presidency). It was absolutely stunning with all the red maple leaves changing. We hiked and had a BBQ. Who says that missionaries don't have fun?! We have such a blast in this mission! Tomorrow we get to watch the Brigham City Open House in the "horseshoe" where MoTab rehearses underneath the Tabernacle. Pretty fancy, eh? It should be an incredible experience. Many Sisters have never seen a dedication and even for me I cannot wait! I hope that we're able to go inside the actual temple for the Calgary Dedication. I always tell the Canadians I meet on the Square to go to the Open House! It's just such a special experience!

Well, we've had a great week. The highlight of the work this week was definitely M*** A*** from Nigeria. He is AMAZING!!! He cannot wait to be Baptized and to go to Church tomorrow. I met him last Sunday on Chat and he is just so sincere, has such strong faith and wants to join the church so he can serve more of God's children. The first time we called he said "oh please call me any time. I trust you. I want to learn from you. I am your brother" and when we invited him to be Baptized he just kept saying "I will! I will! If I had it here I would get in!" Haha. Don't you just love Africa?! He has been counting down the days to go to church. AH! I just love him. I feel that Heavenly Father has blessed us to find him and teach him because I always feel so uplifted after calling him- His life will be so richly blessed as he continues to embrace the restored Gospel.

We did lots of training with the senior missionaries in the family search library helping them to know how to teach and answer questions and bridge over to the gospel. They are such wonderful people and I actually learned a lot too! I even found a document of when Grandpa, Gran, Aunty Beryl, Gary, and Vernon all came over through the UK! I'll attach it to this email. It was so fun to find!!! Isn't that amazing?!

We're getting really excited for General Conference:
"And it supposeth me that they have come up hither to hear the pleasing word of God, yea, the word which healeth the wounded soul."
That's what thousands will be doing soon as they come to hear General Conference! I'm getting pretty excited about it and we get busier and busier as we prepare. It leaves very little time to think of anything else, which is good! We're busy with trainings and little meetings and it's been great to be on the Square and teaching lots too. We found more people to teach this week than in a long time and I feel so blessed.

Well I better go, we're going to visit a cemetery toady where many of the Prophets were buried. Should be neat! But please know that I love you all so much and I appreciate all your love. Continue to be the great examples that you are! I pray for you all constantly and I am so grateful for the blessings that you are in my life.

All my Love,
Sister Mullen

PS's:
Thanks for your letter Hayley! I am SO excited to meet your new little girl and I'm sure you and Troy are as well! (along with every one else!) It just made my day so bright to hear from you! I was proud of you for your handwritten letter for sure!

Britt, let me know what your plans for Oct 10th are. If we are flying together, I would love to leave some things in your car if at all possible, but if you're not I just need to let Temple Square fleet know. Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment