It's kind of a funny thing that we are always so busy and we
have endless miracles and amazing experiences, but when I sit down to
write I can't think of anything that has happened!! haha. We went on a
lot of exchanges with the zone leaders this week, so it was nice to
secure that time up on the square. I really love the rush of the summer
with so many Chinese people and several language tours. I took one
Spanish tour with Sister Brito from Honduras where I felt like it didn't
even matter that I couldn't speak the language. I was just as involved
and testified of the Book of Mormon. The Spirit needs no language. It
speaks to all. I also met a mother who has a daughter in the MTC going
to Russia and a son entering next week to go to the Philippines. I was
able to share with her about how much your letters and emails have meant
to me throughout my mission and how much on influence you can have in
supporting them throughout their missions. Of course we think of the
classic story of Pres Hinckley and his father telling him to forget
himself and get to work, but I think that so many missionaries have a
similar experience where the prayers, letters and encouragement from
home secures their faith, testimony, diligence, and desire to share the
gospel. Thank you for doing the same to me. You're truly angels.
I don't know if I told you all this before,
but Temple Square is such a miracle place. Last transfer we had 99
Baptisms. The transfer before that, we also had 99 Baptisms. This
transfer, we have so my faith that we can do even more to bring these
people unto Christ. In the first two weeks of the transfer, we already
have seen 40 people baptized and 96 went to church just this last
Sunday. That's amazing!! I am just so blown away by these Sisters and
their love for the people they teach. There's one Sister from India
(Sister Dominic) teaching a man named R***** from India too. He lives 12
hours to the closest church. However, the Lord would prepare the
way. The Sisters never said "oh that's too bad..." and just pray that
someday the church will come to him. No- they had so much faith in 1
Nephi 3:7 that the Lord would prepare a way! So what happened to R*****?
He is probably one of the most faithful pioneers of today!! He went to
church and had an amazing experience!!! He had enough faith in the Lord
to go 12 hours on the bus there through the night and 12 hours back. I
know with all my heart that the Lord will bless him for his faith.
There's another that Sister Lane and her companion are teaching that
drives 3.5 hours to church. Man, I thought it was long to drive that to
go to the Temple in Cardston and even now the Lord is blessing us with a
Temple in our own city so we can attend all the time! I feel so
incredibly blessed to have been surrounded and blessed by this gospel. I
am even moreso inspired by the faith and diligence of these people who
are not even yet members of the Church. Can you imagine what blessings
the Lord has in store for them? WOW!! It truly is humbling to be serving
here and to see the faith of these sisters and these people. The Lord
works miracles by faith. If you ever need a miracle in your life, 1st-
be exactly obedient. and then 2nd- be willing to do what it takes so
that the Lord can create a miracle out of your righteous actions. He
does work miracles, but it is by faith and faith is an action word!!!
I am so grateful for the time I spend here. I have
been changed by the atonement of Jesus Christ and I just cherish every
moment I have out here. I am so grateful to see these miracles every day
and to have the Sisters tell us about the miracles they see too. I hope
these stories inspire you as well and motivate you to look for the
miracles that surround you in your lives every day as well. I know the
Lord performs miracles in your life every day if you just take the time
to recognize them (that's often the tricky part). Maybe it's that you
were able to get up in the morning, that you're healthy, that you're
happy, that you learned something new, or some one served you or called
you, or a scripture spoke to you. Maybe it's "in your daughters eyes"
(or sons). To me, the fact that you are all in my life is a miracle- and
I sincerely mean that. But no matter what the miracle is that
you thank Heavenly Father for each day (whether a miraculous healing,
some one smiled, or you noticed how amazing the stars are), the fact is
that miracles do happen and prayers are answered. I love you so much.
Thanks again and have a wonderful first week of August!!
Sister Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment