Dearest Family!
I'm trying to think of what happened this last week... it's all a
blur! haha (good thing I write it down in my journal so I can remember
because it's not coming to me now!) So let's start with today! Today we
got haircuts and going back we came up an elevator to email. We
had hoped to watched the YW Broadcast for our pday activity, but wasn't
sure how we'd be able to.... But then in this elevator a member from
Colorado said she had two extra tickets and wondered if we could use
them!! PERFECT! We were So lucky! Or should I say blessed. We were able
to go and listen to a prophet and sit next to this incredible lady-
we'll be hopefully calling and teaching her very baptist family soon. I
loved Sister Cook's talk on Education, and I loved the emphasis on
Values and purity from all speakers. President Monson is always
incredible to listen to! On the way back from the conference center I
actually just ran into the Stringham family!! They're just so wonderful!
It was so fun for me to see one of my dearest YW Leaders right after a
YW Broadcast. What a special family. Sounds like Tom is doing extremely
well! Yay for Sundance Ward to have 4 missionaries out right now!
We're getting super SUPER excited for Conference!! (our PDay will
be split up to a couple hours Thursday and Friday btw to accommodate).
This is because Sister Bleyl and I and a few other companionships have
been asked to do a VERY special assignment. You will never guess what!!!
So on the Thursday and Friday before General Conference, there is a
special all day training for all the General Authorities (which I did
not know till now). They asked for 6 sister missionaries to go to this
training each day and spend time there to serve food and take care of
things for this training... (and by now you can probably guess!!!) So
we're going to do that! Oh my goodness... I cannot even explain my excitement and awe! This is such a once in a lifetime opportunity I just
am amazed. We will be serving the apostles! We will be serving the
modern-day Peter, James, and John! and on a lighter note, I loved Sister
Bleyl response to this assignment "WOW! I NEED A NEW OUTFIT!!!" haha.
It was kinda funny, but it's true! We want to look and represent the
best we can for this men chosen by God- although I'm sure they will not
be passing judgments on our outfits. We're very excited, so that's what
we will be doing this Friday!
This past week we've been busy with a lot of trainings. Monday was
Zone Leader Counsel, Tuesday was Leadership Training and they were
incredible. They helped us be prepared for conference, work as a mission
in unity, with the spirit, dealing with antis, and the rush of summer
that's around the corner! We're so excited to just jump in and work
hard. In this mission we are blessed to always be busy. It's proven true
to me time and time again that indeed "Sacrifice brings forth the
blessings of heaven." (praise to the man) When we're willing to give up
things that we want or desire and work or do something the Lord would
rather us do, he ALWAYS blesses us for that. I loved that in the YW
conference as well that we need to be willing to "bury our weapons" that
are holding us back from progressing. It's what you were telling me Dad
in your last email as well! It's the same as when the apostles left
their nets and straightway followed the Savior. What are our nets that
we need to leave behind? Sometimes it's a sin, a friend, a habit,
laziness, a show, but no matter what we leave behind so we can follow
the Savior, he ALWAYS blesses us. Sometimes we leave behind good things
for something better- but he ALWAYS follows through on His promises.
A miracle we saw this week as a zone was Thursday night, we had an
"RC Pump Up." Sister Bleyl and I acted as if I was laying on train
tracks and they had to convince me to get up off the tracks before the
train hit me. Point being, sometimes we forget the urgency of this work.
We had a goal as a zone to contact 50 people in the RC (referral center
aka the phones) in an hour. we had cut out tracks and put people on
them, so when a sister contacted someone they could take them off the
tracks so we could see how we were doing in obtaining this goal. We just
called, called, called and Well, needless to say we destroyed our goal.
We contacted 100 people in that hour!!! Also we had more people refer
to meet with the local missionaries in that single hour than we did all
of last week! In a SINGLE HOUR!!! It was amazing and definitely taught
us that we could be more diligent and contact more people. This work is
urgent! There are people waiting for the gospel and they simply do not
know where to find it! It's up to us! It was amazing and has really
motivated me to improve.
I love you so much! I hope this small miracle helps you all see
that the work truly is going forward! I am so happy out here. Despite
it's challenges, I know that I have a loving family back home and more so
a loving Heavenly Father that is looking out for us. I'm so grateful
for this gospel because I know it enables me to be with you all forever.
I love you so much! Keep strong and prepare for Conference prayerfully!
I know God answers our prayers through His Holy Prophets.
Love,
Sister Mullen
ps- Talk to you Thursday!
pps- Mom! Britt was right! This mall is incredible! City Creek
opened Thursday and unfortunately today was a little crazy, so we didn't
have a chance to check it out fully, but what I have seen of it is
great! (It has a Disney store and Cheesecake Factory... what more do I
need?!?! oh- yes! And Macy's for you Mom!) The most exciting thing about
it though truly is the incredible amount of people it's suppose to
bring to Temple Square which means we have more people that we can
teach! YAY! It's an amazing blessing and we're ready!
LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! Thanks for your Love and Support!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment