Saturday, December 31, 2011

Letter #34: Last Letter of 2011

Hello Family! What a joy it was to speak with you last Sunday! It was almost strange to picture you all gathered around the phone and being so quiet to talk to me... it's not normal for you all to pay so much attention to me as if I have something profound to say! haha But it was great to hear your voices and your testimonies and jokes. You're all wonderful and thanks for sharing Christmas with me! Later on Christmas day, President and Sister Holmes gave each of us a gift- a new Book of Mormon and a read scripture marker. They challenged us to go through each page and highlight every reference to deity- Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Ghost. It's been interesting as I've gone through to see how much the Book of Mormon truly testifies that Jesus is the Christ. I love the various names they all are given... the Messiah, Lord, Father, Spirit, Comforter, the only Begotten- to name some of the most common.... There are endless names... some less common ones that I like are the Lamb, the great mediator, the Prince of Peace. After they challenged us to do this, I thought of you and our conversation when we briefly touched on scripture study. I thought how I'd love it if you all could join in on the challenge! You don't need to read every page, just go through and mark every reference to Deity. I'm going to finish by April 6- the Saviors birthday. (you can choose a different day if you like cause I had a week head start... or join in on April 6! Whichever.)Grab your scriptures or even a new fresh copy if you like and start marking! I think it's an incredible activity and I hope you will enjoy it as you join me. Be sure to let me know if you're in! and as you mark I'd love to hear your insights or experiences you have as you mark every time the Godhead is mentioned. It was a good Christmas for sure and will be a great new years! Tonight to celebrate I am going to teach Tyler, Renae, work on the Monthly report to submit to the missionary department, and hopefully go to bed before 10:30!!! (I don't have to stay on the square until 1 tonight, I get to go home the normal time at 9pm so hopefully I can be in bed a little earlier than the norm... that'd be great! One really special treat that happened this week... We were invited to have dinner with President, Sister Holmes and the Assistants at a fancy fancy restaurant "Carvers" in Sandy. This high end (and expensive!) steak house was SOOOO... Incredible! We had coconut shrimp (which was actually to die for... yes this is coming from ME who is terrified of things like shrimp...completely changed my perspective of shrimp), fancy Fillet Mignon, steaks, ribs, and glorious desserts... brownie sundaes, cheesecake, and tuxedo mousse cakes... WOW!!! This is the life... especially for a missionary! I felt very very VERY spoiled. But it was just so nice to be able to spend time with President, Sister Holmes, especially just before their about to finish their mission and we'll be getting a new president in. What a treat! Miracles happen every day here... We got a text from our investigator Dan this week saying how he's felt a change in heart since our first conversation and is excited to start his new life on January 5th. How special it is to be one of the Lords missionaries. I feel so so blessed to see people have joy in their life as they come to learn what the gospel promises them. There is no greater gift! I'm just so grateful... I feel SOOOO blessed. Thanks for all you do for me. So many sisters here don't have half the support I get from you all and you have no idea how much it means. I feel your prayers and you're definitely in mine! Love you all! Sister Mullen ps- Thanks for Alanna's # mom! pps- President Holmes always had us call mothers day and fathers day, but because of the new mission president I'm not sure! I'l keep you posted, but I'm positive we'll still have mothers day :) LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment