Hello Hello
So today is Pday! I got to drive my dear trainer Sis Giang and Sis Wilde (from Carstairs) to the airport. It was so so sad to see them go, but I'm glad I was able to take them to the airport. I love my trainer just SOOOO much. She's amazing and taught me so much through her amazing example.
So transfer conference was on monday. No big changes, I'm still with sis Chau, she's still District Leader, same apartment, but we moved into a new zone... back into my old zone!! Yay!! So I'll be back in the Beehive house again this transfer and I'm so excited. I really like the Beehive house :)
BUT!!! The exciting thing about transfer conference is that we got a real special treat- this is what I think a lot of you will be jealous of!! We got to meet and talk with Clay Christianson, one of three great and famous organist of temple square. We sat up in the choir seats in the Tabernacle and he told us all about the organ, how it works, and played "Come come ye saints" for us. You could just feel the power of the organ, it gave me chills!! Ahh!! Musically one of the most thrilling moments of my life!! To feel the vibrations of that famous organ and know the sacrifices of the early saints to build up Zion... wow. It was so cool! He also kinda fiddled around on it for us too and played the theme from Phantom of the opera by our request! Haha!! Then we got to go on a tour of underground/behind the scenes of the Tab. We saw the rehearsal/recording rooms, the library of music MoTab uses with 2000 different pieces of music. We even got to go into the dressing rooms and see all the dresses they use- it was very fun to see all the MoTab stuff, their stomping grounds, and the secret underground tunnels and such! SO COOL!!
Well my compys been really sick recently (don't worry! She's a lot better today!)... so I've spent quite a few days at home, so not as many square stories this week, but I've had lots of cleaning and studying time! It's amazing how much I've been able to learn and i LOOOOVE studying the gospel. See?! Miracles really do happen! Haha jk... I loved studying the scriptures before, but not like this. There's just been a new desire to learn and really absorb everything since I've been on my mission that means SO much to me. Heavenly Fathers really blessed me with the desire to learn and grow in this gospel and acquiring more knowledge of the gospel is just so important to me now- and for this change in me I'm extremely grateful.
A few things in reply to your letter mommy
-We drive around, I passed off as a driver and we all have different Pdays so we always have some sisters on the square.
-we make our own food and sometimes for our companion and we just have a kitchen by the mission offices and stuff where we typically go to eat- so yea. Nothing is really provided meal wise. But I'm trying lots of new interesting things serving with Asian sisters! haha. I tried "white dried fungus" the other day... Weird....
-It's true that we're so blessed to see the progress of investigators and know that we really do have an impact because the program has recently changed. Because we get to teach on the phone and stuff now, whereas before we would just see them on the square and then that was the last contact we'd ever get with them. So the changes that enables us to teach them has really been a blessing. It's so fun to see the people you meet and teach grow and progress.
- Haha I think it's so funny how you asked if I remember that I had another life now... I do recall... somewhere back there... haha! No I'm just teasing. Of course I remember all you guys and love you! I think of you often and you're often included in my testimony that I share every day to guests- How the gospel blesses families.
Well I better go... Quick favor though! Could you email me a picture of Gilbert Blythe. (yes the one from Anne of Green Gables). or print out a decently nice one or two so it can be in color?! I need to have a picture to give to one of the sisters for her birthday as an inside joke. Sis Wright. We always quote Anne and she's obsessed with Gil so ya! If you could that'd be great!!
Also when I say send pics, you can just send them in an attachment cause it's quick and easy! I'd love to see Birtt as a bridesmaid and Brook pics of your fun fun cruise! Btw mom, I LOVE the idea of a cruise after my mission. No complaints here!! haha although... shouldn't I get a job and work during that time? Be responsible and stuff? haha I dunno where I get such ridiclous notions from... but yea!! Sign me up :)
Love you lots and lots!!! You're in my thoughts and prayers always :)
Mmmua!!
Love, Sister Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment